Slovenia & Croatia - Terms & Conditions
Minimum Rental Days
7 days minimum required.
Pick up and drop off days are counted as 2 separate rental days
Reservations / Payments
Reservations of motorhomes must be confirmed by the rental company in writing and they are exclusively binding for vehicle groups, not for vehicle types.
A down payment of 30% of the total amount of the reservation is taken after booking is confirmed. The down payment is non refundable incase of cancellation of the booking.
The rest of the payment is due and payable 35 days prior to pick up day in Euro by a credit card Visa or Master card, or via bank transfer.
For reservation made 35 days or less prior to pick up day - full amount is due upon reservation.
* 21 days or more prior to pick up - 35% of total amount
* From the 20th day to the 11th day prior to pick up - 55% of total amount
* 10 days or less before pick up or Non show: 100% of total amount
* In any case of cancellation, a handling fee of 50 Euro will be charged, in addition to the cancellation fee.
Changes In Reservation
After the reservation has been confirmed, a charge of handling fee of 20 EUR will be applied per any change.
A security deposit of 700 EUR + 1% surcharge must be paid on pickup day by international credit card only - Visa or Mastercard credit card only, or cash.
No vehicle shall be delivered without paying all the amounts and the security deposit.
The security deposit is refunded if the vehicle is returned on time and to the exact location, with all the equipments, clean inside and outside, with emptied toilet tank and full fuel tank and with no damage.
Any extra costs and fines incurred are deducted against the security deposit when the vehicle is returned.
Note - The security deposit is refunded to the credit card account usually up to 8 working days after drop off.
Important: The deposit is not refunded In case of theft of the vehicle.
The deposit is subject to currency changes and there will not be any refund for differences.
Minimum age / Authorized drivers / Driving License
The Hirer and any other driver must be at least 21 years old and must have been in
possession of an international driving license for at least 3 years, with no traffic violation and he must be an experienced and cautious driver, he/she must have a routine work
(not unemployed) and with no criminal record.
The Hirer must be in possession of a valid identity card or passport.
The vehicle must not be given to sublet tenant or in use to another person. The vehicle may be operated only by the person indicated in the rental contract. The tenant must take into consideration road traffic regulations. Potential traffic offenses are at the expense of the lessor.
Pick-Up and Drop Off
From May till October - 7 days of the week, 24 hours per day
Please note: In peak season the pick up procedure might take longer than usual
Pick up is at the airport after flight arrival.
Drop off in at the airport 3-4 hours before flight departure.
Pick up and drop off in Ljubljana airport - 150 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Zagreb airport- 150 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Trieste airport- 195 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Pula airport - 220 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Zadar airport- 250 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Venice airport- 250 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Split airport- 340 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Verona airport- 400 Euro
Pick up and drop off in Milan airport- 480 Euro
The price includes: picking up and dropping off the vehicle in the airport, taxes, refreshments, short guidance:
* Before signing the contract please check the vehicle from the inside and outside and make sure there are no damages or broken parts. If there is some damage, have it noted to the rental agent in writing.
* Make sure you have all the items you paid for, and that nothing is missing.
* Before the departure make sure you know how to operate all the motorhome systems, mechanicals and electrical: refrigerator, heating, air condition, water etc. If it is not clear, you may ask for explanations.
* Please ask for a map or directions to nearby campground and supermarkets for you to stock up on food and bottled water.
The Vehicle must return clean on the inside and outside, with full tank of diesel and with emptied toilet tank, Otherwise the client will be charged for the cleaning and dumping costs.
The return of the vehicle is confirmed by the signature of the officer of the rental station on the return report. Without that signature, all damage to the vehicle is to be borne by the renter.
There will be no refund for early return.
1-5 hours delay - client will pay 105 Euro
6-12 hours delay - client will pay 220 Euro
Over 12 hours delay - client will not get back the security deposit
Over 24 hours delay - client will not get back the security deposit + 250 Euro per each day and criminal charge
In case of charges that the company will get because of late delay - the renter will be responsible for all the charges involved
Fines and penalties:
Incase the vehicle return un-cleaned from the inside - minimum 50 Euro
Incase the vehicle return un-cleaned from the outside - minimum 50 Euro
Incase toilet cassette was returned not empty - minimum 50 Euro
Incase fuel tank is not full on return - minimum 50 Euro
Return Checklist, Damage Report
Any damages detected by the renter on the vehicle or its equipment after the start of the rental period must be immediately reported to the rental station, or at the latest, when the vehicle is returned.
The renter cannot assert any claims if the underlying damages of such claims are not established in the checklist in writing and in detail.
Prohibited Use, Duties of Care
The Hirer is responsible for the vehicle rented by him/her during the time from receiving the keys until their return.
The hirer and the authorized drivers are strictly prohibited from:
* using the vehicle for a participation in motor sport events or in tests;
* using the vehicle for the transport of inflammable, explosive, corrosive, fire-promoting, poisonous or other dangerous substances;
* using the vehicle for the commercial transport of passengers;
* hiring the vehicle out to a third party;
* smoking in the vehicle. In case of a failure to comply with this prohibition, the Hirer must pay to the Rental Firm, in addition to the rental charge, the costs for cleaning, ventilation and decontamination as well as a loss of profit caused by a temporary non-availability of the vehicle for rental caused by such circumstances;
* transporting any pets without the prior express approval of the Rental Firm. In case of a failure to comply with this prohibition, the Hirer must pay to the Rental Firm, in addition to the rental charge, the costs for cleaning, ventilation and decontamination as well as a loss of profit caused by a temporary non-availability of the vehicle for rental caused by such circumstances;
* using the vehicle for any illegal purposes;
* transporting a major number of passengers than specified in the vehicle registration document;
* loading the vehicle beyond its admissible total vehicle weight;
* hooking a trailer or a vehicle up to the motorhome;
* using the vehicle for driving on rough terrain or on paths that cannot be used without a danger of damage to the motorhome and/or its tyres.
The vehicle must be treated carefully and appropriately and kept properly locked while it is parked, even if for a short time only. The Hirer must keep the vehicle documents in a safe place on his/her own person.
The Hirer must check oil and water levels and tyre pressure. He/she is obliged to check regularly whether the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition.
The Hirer undertakes to treat the vehicle with all due care and to observe the recommendations for utilization given by the manufacturer and the Rental Firm.
In case of a failure to observe the provisions of the above item, the Rental Firm is entitled to terminate the rental contract automatically, with immediate effect and with-out any further formalities due to the Hirer‘s fault. Moreover, the amounts of cover under the insurance are excluded.
We draw the Hirer‘s attention to the dimensions of the vehicle that will require increased attention for certain manoeuvres and may make it impossible to pass certain traffic infrastructures (bridges, tunnels, etc.) with a limited height.
What to Do in the Event of an Accident
After an accident, theft or fire damage, or accident that involves animals (even in case of a minor damage) that the vehicle is affected by or involved in, the Hirer must carefully comply with the following regulations before leaving the place, otherwise he/she will forfeit any insurance and will be obliged to fully settle the damage:
* First the hirer must take care of first add treatment, then he must report the matter to the police and inform by telephone the rental Station not later then in the course of the working day following the day of the respective incident.
* Even in case of a minor damage, the Hirer must submit a written police report to the Rental Firm, stating the circumstances, the date, the place and the time of the case of
damage as well as the names and addresses of the witnesses and persons involved.
In case that the accident happened in the fault of the hirer, he will be responsible for all the costs that were caused to the rental company.
In Austria -Vehicles that weight less than 3.5 Tone, need to have a vignette on there front window. Client can purchase this vignette in gas stations before the border pass to Austria. If you do not have this vignette you will have to pay a fine of up to 220 Euro if you get caught by an Austrian policeman! Vehicles that weight more than 3.5 Tone, need to purchase a box called Go-Box – it has the size of a cigarette box and it works like a Tele card and measures the km. that the vehicle has done and that is the weight to calculate the price. It costs 80 Euro. Every time that the km. amount is going to be over, the client must charge the box in 50 euro more. You must give the box back in a selling point in Austria before the drop off of the vehicle, in those selling points the client can get refund of km. that he did not use.
In Italy - Before getting into a highway, you have to get a ticket and to pay for the km. that you did till the time that you get out.
In Switzerland - client must purchase in the border pass (and in nearby gas stations) a Vignette for Switzerland. It costs 35 euro and is valid for 1 year.
Our vehicles are covered by a third party motor insurance valid in all European countries (including Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro)
Collision coverage with 700 Euro deductive per occurrence
We draw your attention in particular to the dimensions of the vehicle that will require
increased attention for certain manoeuvres and may make it impossible to pass certain
traffic infrastructures (bridges, tunnels, etc.) the maximum height of which is shown in
advance according to applicable law.
In case of accident or theft client must supply a police report.
ATTENTION: In case of damage to the vehicle caused by a failure to observe height limits,
the admissible total vehicle weight, by a poor assessment of the dimensions, you are liable for all repair costs within the maximum liability limit for that kind of
The insurance does not cover:
* damage to high part of the motorhome (roof, alcove etc..)
* damage caused by driving backwards with out guiding and with imprudence
* damage caused by abandoning the vehicle
* leaving the area of accident in which the rented vehicle was involved with out reporting to the police and to the rental station
* car radio;
* personal effects and objects
* damage to the interior of the vehicle;
* frost over heating damage.
The vehicle is only insured for the contractually agreed rental period. After the expiry of that period, the Hirer must take care of any damage and incident that the vehicle is affected by or involved in personally, unless an extension was expressly accepted by the Rental Firm in advance.
Moreover, the insurance cover is excluded and the Hirer is liable for fully settling
Any damage in the following cases:
* in case of damage caused by driving in wet areas q inside water / mud
* in case of damage caused by intent or fraud on part of the Hirer or the driver;
* when damage is caused while the Hirer is under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
* when damage is caused while the Hirer is tired or not aware
* if the Hirer or the driver have given false information and were not of the required
age or were not in the possession of the legally prescribed required and valid
licences and permits;
* if the Hirer or a driver to whom the Hirer has let the vehicle has committed hit-and run driving;
* when the Hirer violated duties, unless the breach of duty has not had any influence on the determination of the cause of the damage and the amount of the damage;
* when the damage was caused as a consequence of a use of the vehicle in breach
* when any damage is cause by a driver who was not named upon renting the vehicle;
* when damage is caused by a failure to observe the vehicle dimensions;
* when damage is caused by a failure to observe the regulations as to additional load and total vehicle weight.
According to the principle of limitation of penalty claims to the author, the Hirer is
solely liable for any infringements under penal law that are committed during the time he/she has the vehicle in his/her possession. He/she must pay the respective fines. The Hirer is jointly and severally liable, together with the drivers, for the conditions of the contract and its appendices
The rental station makes available for the client a road assistance line and service roads.
In case of technical defects, or damage, or a problem in functioning of systems in the vehicle client must call immediately to the road assistance line of the company and report about the event. In any contact to the assistance line, client has to have the unit number of the vehicle and the functioning guide is available nearby and to have patience.
The rental company will not be committed to refund the client with out a report from the assistance line that proves that the client called the assistance line when the event happened.
On drop off time, client must complete a written report about the event, or damage or faults in the vehicle. Without this report client will not be entitled for any compensation
In case of a fault, accident, damage or a problem in functioning the systems in the vehicle or in the equipment, the client must report about this to the rental company during the rental period. In case of a mechanical fault or a problem that prevents the functioning of the vehicle, like for example a problem in the engine that prevents the vehicle from continuing driving, the client must report this immediately to the rental station and to go to a garage or a service station in order to solve the problem. The rental station will compensate the client by covering the fixing expenses – only if the client presents receipts. This is valid only if the fault was caused during the rental period and not in the fault of the client (fault in equipment, fridge, radio, CD, Microwave, any electric products etc… are not counted as fault that prevent the vehicle from functioning).
The client will not be entitled for any refund in case he did not report about the fault when it happened.
In case that there is no vehicle of the class ordered available from reasons that are beyond the control of the company, the rental company has the right to give the client a similar vehicle of the one that was ordered. It will not count as a violation of the contract and in that case the client will not be entitled for any refund or compensation.
All vehicles are non-smoking vehicles. Any vehicle that comes back with smoking effects, the client will pay a fine of at least 200 Euro
The transport of pets is forbidden
External temperatures of 0 C or below, especially in the winter, might cause the pipes to freeze. Under weather conditions like these, the vehicle will have to be permanently heated and the pipes must be emptied immediately afterwards.
The tenant is responsible for any damage could cause by frost, therefore, if there is water in the tanks you must keep the temperature of the vehicle over 5C to prevent frost danger.
The heating of the vehicle is working automatically while driving. While parking client must insure that the vehicle is heated. In order to prevent finishing the gas- it is recommended to use the heating in low level.
Please observe the instructions as to the frost protection device, which protects the boiler against frost. If the vehicle is not sufficiently heated, the frost protection device discharges the water from the boiler in order to prevent the boiler walls from breaking.
Please ask for more information at the rental company.
Winter driving rules
When traveling to other countries, client must insure that the vehicle has all the required equipment (for example in Finland the vehicle must have winter tiers for driving in the winter and the vehicles of the company have tiers that fit to driving in the summer.
NOTE: All vehicles are fitted in accordance with the law, only exceptionally they do not have winter tyres, however, they have good tyres and chains for the drive wheels.
Before you go on the way, you must check whether any of the countries in which you intend to travel require more equipment, as the rule in Slovenia do. (for example in Finland the vehicle must have winter tiers !).
In every refueling and every time before you start out on a journey, please switch the gas-fuelled equipment off.
Illustrations and text in our website are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by the rental company or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
Important: Motorhome International is independent, not an agent for any particular car/motor-home rental company. Motorhome International arrange the rental between the client and the rental company. when you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental contract provided by the rental company and subject to local laws - this agreement will be the obligating one.
Motorhome International is not the address for any claims against the rental company. The judgment place between the client and the rental company will be in the destination country.