Terms And Conditions
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botsuana
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following is a summary of the Rental Conditions. Please note that all prices are quoted in South African Rand / Namibian Dollars. Rates and / or conditions quoted in our brochures are subject to change without notice.
Minimum rental is 5 days and 15 days for collection/return in Botswana, Zimbabwe or Zambia. When calculating the number of days, the day of collection is counted as day one regardless of collection time. The day of return is counted as the final day.
The daily rental rate that applies on the date of pick up will be the applicable rate for the duration of the rental regardless of any season change during the term of the rental.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
All reservations are confirmed according to vehicle category and not according to vehicle model.
Prior to reservation the customer's credit card detail is taken as a guarantee.
200 US$ down payment is taken after booking is confirmed via client's credit card.
Full payment is required 35 days prior to date of departure in US$.
Currency exchange from Namibia$ to USD or SA Rand to US$ - are subject to changes. Exchange rates according : www.oanda.com
For short notice bookings, full payment is required upon confirmation.
A confirmation invoice will be issued and sent to the client by e-mail or fax.
If cancelled more than 26 days prior to pick up - 100$ handling fee
If cancelled 26 - 7 days prior to pick up- 50% of total rental rate
If cancelled less than 7 days prior to pickup / non show - 100% of total rental rate
In any case of cancellation client will be charged with 100$ handling fee.
If vehicle is returned early, for any reason, no refund will be considered.
CHANGE IN RESERVATION
After the reservation has been confirmed, a charge of handling fee of 50 R will be applied per any change.
LICENCE / MINIMUM AGE
A valid non-endorsed driver's licence is required; an international licence is preferred.
Drivers must be 25 years or older.
DEPOT HOURS FOR PICK-UP & DROP-OFF
Branches are located in :
Johannesburg, Durban, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, Windhoek, Maun, Harare and Victoria Falls.
Office hours are from Monday to Friday from 08:00 AM to 16:30 PM.
Clients are requested to return no later than 15;30 PM
Collections and returns on weekends and public holidays by arrangement only.
Sunday / Public Holidays collections and returns are subject to a surcharge of R350.
All branches are closed on Christmas Day (25 December).
Airport and local hotel transfers for all branches = R300 per transfer.
(within 20km radius, one-way)
Your vehicle is handed over to you without fuel unless you have requested it.
Upon return no refund for excess fuel will be authorized.
Should your vehicle be changed over at any time no refund for fuel will be given.
A pre-rental vehicle inspection will be required to be made by the hirer on collection of the vehicle. The vehicle shall be deemed to be in good order, condition and repair and properly filled with oil and water, unless otherwise indicated in the vehicle condition report.
If vehicle is returned early, for any reason, no refund will be considered for the rental or CDW charge.
vehicle should be return to the agreed location, on time and in good order, with empty water tanks, empty toliet and full gas bottle(s).
Gas bottle not returned full will be lieved 165R per bottle.
Client will be charged 350R for toilet cleaning and emptying tanks.
Deductions will be made to cover any damage to the vehicle, third party property, the emptying of the toilet tank (if applicable), items lost or damaged.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
CDW covers you for accident and specified damage and does not cover for negligence.
Your CDW option covers you only for points listed. Your bond will be refunded to you by head office within 14 working days, provided there is no damage to the vehicle or third-party property.
If the vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on time and in good order the bond will be refunded without deduction. Deductions will be made to cover any damage to the vehicle, third party property, the emptying of the toilet tank (if applicable R350), plus items lost or damaged.
STANDARD CDW (bond ZAR/N$ 30 000)
Standard CDW has a bond of ZAR/N$ 30,000 which applies in the event of any accident damage to rental vehicle or third party property. Irrespective of fault, liability will be ZAR/N$ 30,000.
SECURITY DEPOSIT (BOND)
A security bond of ZAR/N$ 30,000 will be taken on vehicle collection.
For "All Inclusive Package" - the security deposit is ZERO.
The security bond is payable by cash or credit card.
Credit cards accepted are - VISA, MasterCard, Amex or Diners.
Should the bond be paid by credit card the amount will be debited to your account immediately, any currency fluctuations are not the responsibility of the rental company.
If the vehicle is returned to the agreed location, on time and in good order the security bond will be refunded without deduction. Deductions will be made to cover any damage to the vehicle, third party property, the emptying of the toilet tank (if applicable), items lost or damaged.
There are 3 options to reduce this excess:
CDW 1 - This option will reduce your bond to ZAR/N$ 15,000 Per event
ZAR/N$ 180 per day - Motorhomes
ZAR/N$ 190 per day - 4X4 Rentals
CDW 2 - This option REDUCES THE BOND to ZAR/N$ 5,000 Per event
ZAR/N$ 290 per day - Motorhomes
ZAR/N$ 365 per day - 4x4 Rentals
irrespective of fault; your liability will be ZAR/N$ 5000.
CDW 2 covers the following :
* Costs involved in overhead and under body damage limited to the bond amount
* replacement costs to 1 tyre and rim
* replacement or repair costs to 1 windscreen only
* the costs associated with the towing and recovery of the vehicle is limited to the
* replacement and repair costs to radio/CD player
* accident damage limited to the bond amount
CDW 3 -
This is only available with purchase of "All Inclusive Package"
Muxt be PRE ORDERED and PRE-PAID
This option REDUCES THE BOND TO ZERO.
CDW 3 covers the following :
* all costs associated with the towing and recovery of the vehicle
* replacement and repair of 1 windscreen
* replacement or repair costs to 1 tyre and rim
* accident damage / overhead and underbody damage
* repair costs to radio/cassette/CD player
* additional driver fee
* Sunday / Public Holiday surcharge
Exclusions to your CDW Insurance:
The renter will be fully liable for any damage to the rented vehicle or third party vehicle in the following circumstances :
* water damage/water submersion (including salt water)
* fire damaged caused due to negligence
* wilful damage - any damage caused as a result of negligence.
Wilful damage includes but is not limited to :
1. driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
2. driving on restricted roads or in restricted areas
3. sitting or standing on the bonnet or the roof of the vehicle
4. damaging the gearbox due to incorrect use of the clutch/handbrake
5. seizing an engine due to incorrect use of vehicle or supplements
6. failure to stop driving when a dashboard warning light indicates a problem
7. incorrect use of diff-locks and/or transfer cases, i.e. driving on tar roads with
electronic diff-locks engaged
8. falling asleep or driverís fatigue
9. driving on the wrong side of the road
10. driving at night
CDW 3 does not include the following additional costs
gas bottles returned empty
hotel and or air port transfer
country surcharges and one way fees
cross border documentation fee R/N$ 500 payable at collection depot
contract fee R/N$ 95 payable at collection depot
Personal Injury is not covered by vehicle insurance, personal travel insurance is strongly recommended.
Not all Southern African vehicles are insured and it is also NOT compulsory to be insured against third party property. It is therefore at times impossible to recover from these drivers, even through the legal system. LIABLITY MUST NOT BE ADMITTED NOR ANY OF SETTLEMENT MADE.
* Accidents must be reported within 24 hours to the head office of the rental company and to the police and an accident report must be given to the return branch
* If the rental vehicle is involved in an accident and is not driveable, a replacement vehicle, if available, may be collected from the closest branch
* If the hirer requires a replacement vehicle to be delivered due to an accident, then these charges will be for the hirerís account (R/N$ 5000). If the hirer is unable or unwilling to take a replacement vehicle, no refunds for early termination will apply
* No refund of rental days lost will be considered during the period in which a replacement vehicle is being organised
* Should there be no replacement vehicle available, no refund for lost rental days will be considered
* Should the hirer continue with a replacement vehicle then a new rental agreement needs to be entered into where payment of another CDW and bond conditions will apply. Your first CDW 3 contract through your agent cannot be renewed.
* Damage costs are established by a quotation of repair from the rental company panel beaters and are substantiated by a report from a duly accredited Loss Assessor. No negotiation will be entered into in relation to these costs
* The rental company reserve the right to apply the above conditions as they deem fit.
The rental company reserve the right to charge the hirer after the term of the rental for
* Any traffic or parking fines. An additional amount of R 350 for administration purposes will be added to the amount of the fine
* Any damages and accidents that we have not been made aware of on the return of the vehicle
The hirer is responsible for insurance of personal property. To avoid possible theft, valuables should not be left in the vehicle. In major cities, it is advisable to leave the vehicle in a caravan park and utilise public transport or tours to visit the inner city
* Vehicles are built on light truck chassis and do not have the road handling abilities of a car.
The following caution must be taken :
* Consideration for the condition of the road and the weather conditions; it is more difficult to control a vehicle on unsealed roads. Please note a the motorhome is not designed to drive on unsealed roads and damages (interior and exterior) may occur.
* Keep within the speed limit, not exceeding 100 km/h on sealed roads and 60-80 km/h on unsealed roads
* It is strongly recommended that driving at night be avoided; wandering animals often stray onto the roads
Motorhome and car rentals with in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa can be combined to qualify for long-term rates, if the rental is within a three month period, i.e. one 14 day rental plus one 7 day rental qualifies for 21+ day rate
CHANGE OF VEHICLE
The rental company reserve the right to substitute a comparable or superior vehicle should the requested vehicle not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to any refund.
Vehicles may be taken into South Africaís neighbouring states but are not allowed into Angola or Malawi.
All insurance cover is void if vehicles enter prohibited areas.
The rental company reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions, political situations or any other reason.
Tenant shall not be allowed to use the vehicle: for participation in motor sport events and vehicle tests; to transport easily flammable, toxic or otherwise dangerous materials; to commit customs and other offences, even if these are only threatened by punishment according to the law of the place of the offence; for re-hiring; for other uses exceeding contractual use, in particular driving on land not intended for driving on.
The vehicle shall be treated gently and properly and locked properly at all times. The directives decisive for use and technical rules as well as maintenance periods shall be complied with. Tenant engages to check regularly whether the object of rent is in a condition safe for road traffic.
The vehicle must be treated carefully and appropriately and properly locked on all occasions. The regulations and technical rules applicable to its use must be complied with. Its running condition, in particular oil and water levels and tyre pressure, must be monitored. The Hirer undertakes to check regularly to make sure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition.REPAIRS
Minor repairs up to the value of R/N$ 1 000 may be effected without authorisation and will be reimbursed upon presentation of receipts.
For Major repairs, over R/N$ 1 000 authorisation with an authorisation number must first be obtained from the rental company's head office in Johannesburg.
Faults with the radio, air conditioning, refrigerator or microwave are not classified as breakdowns; no refunds will be made for repair time on these items.
No pets are permitted in any vehicles.
EXCHANGE RATE/CURRENCY VARIATIONS
All credit card transactions are conducted in South African Rand. Due to exchange rate fluctuations there could be some variance in any amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. No liability is accepted for any variance in this regard.
If a credit card is presented as payment, the credit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as the hirer.
In the unlikely event of a refund, this will be done according to the applicable agent rates and not the advertised per day rate.
RESERVATION / VEHICLE CONFIRMATION
The rental company reserve the right to upgrade a client to another vehicle category without prior notice. This does not constitute a breach of contract or non-performance.
Vehicle illustrations and text in any brochure are only indicative of the vehicle. Variances in the vehicle(s) offered may occur due to modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design or brand. The rental vehicles are not older than 3 cycles.
Motorhome International is independent, not an agent for any particular car/motor-home rental company. Motorhome International arrange the rental between the client and the rental company. when you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental contract provided by the rental company and subject to local laws.