Finland - Terms & Conditions
Reservations / Payments
Reservations of motorhomes must be confirmed by the rental company in writing and they are exclusively binding for vehicle groups, not for vehicle types.
Please do not finalize flights before a final confirmation.
* A down payment of 20%, minimum 400 Euro is taken after booking is confirmed. This payment is made by the credit card (Visa or MasterCard) which is provided by the client on the booking form. This payment is not refunded in case of cancellation.
The rest of the payment is due and payable 55 days prior to pick up day by a credit card Visa or MasterCard, according to the high rate of the payment day.
Note: If you prefer to make a bank transfer, please make sure the funds will be delivered to our account before the payment date.
The rental company has the right to cancel your booking incase it's not paid in full and on time.
For reservation made 55 days or less prior to pick up day - full amount is due upon reservation.
Minimum Rental Days
Minimum 7 days required on all seasons.
Between 22 December and 7 January - minimum of 14 days rental required (only Helsinki)
Changes in Reservation
Changes can be made only 60 days or more before pick up date and only if there is availability. After the reservation has been confirmed, a charge of handling fee of
25 EUR will be applied per any change.
Major changes like: changing dates, changing model, changing stations, changing client's name would be considered as cancellation of the booking and will cause cancellation fees.
Rebookings are only possible in the same calendar year.
55 days or more prior to pick up - 20% of total rental amount, minimum 400 Euro
54-20 days prior to pick up - 50% of total rental amount,
19-3 days before pick up - 80% of total rental amount,
2 days or less before pick up / No show: 100% of total rental amount .
In any case of cancellation, a handling fee of 50 Euro will be charged, in addition to the cancellation fee.
Cancellation fess are calculated from the total amount of the booking including extras and without discounts .
A cancellation of a booking MUST be made by the client in writing by e-mail or by fax and received at our office during operation hours.
In case of cancellation and re-booking in other dates and in a cheaper season or of less days, the cancellation fee will be calculated according to the original booking or according to the more expensive one. This is possible only in the same year and only if the rental company confirms.
A security deposit of 1,200 EUR must be paid on pickup day by a credit card on the name of the main driver only Visa or Master Card.
NOTE: Diners or Amex cards are not accepted
The security deposit is refunded if the vehicle is returned clean inside, with emptied toilet tank and with no damage. Any extra costs incurred are deducted against the security deposit when the vehicle is returned.
Note - The security deposit is refunded to the credit card account usually up to 14 days after drop off.
Collision insurance coverage with 1200 EUR deductible per occurrence
Third party liability insurance for damage to property and injury
We recommend purchasing Deductible reduction insurance. For more details enter our website.
CDW insurance Options:
* Deductible reduction from 1200 Euro to 500 Euro - 19 EUR per day
* Deductible reduction from 1200 Euro to Zero Euro - 60 EUR per day - per first collision only. Applies only in case of accident. Deductible for any following collision 600 EUR/claim. Minimum 10 days have to be paid.
* Windscreen & Tire protection - 8 EUR per day. Maximum 20 days have to be paid.
Fuel, Gas and Operating costs
Fuel and operating costs will be paid by the renter.
The vehicles are handed with full fuel tank and must be returned with full fuel tank, otherwise there will be a charge of 2.5 EUR per liter of diesel.
The vehicle is also handed with one full gas bottle and one used bottle. In case the gas bottle gets empty, it is the renter's responsibility and on his expense. There is no need to return the gas bottles full.
Minimum age / Authorized drivers / Driving License
* The Hirer and any other driver must be at least 21 years old.
For vehicles above 3,5 tons the minimum age is 25 years.
* The Hirer and any other drivers must have been in possession of a Class III / Class B or Comparable national driving license for at least one year, and for vehicles above 3.5 tons not less than 3 years - corresponding to the weight of the vehicle.
* The driver must have a national and an international driving license.
* There is no charge for extra drivers, but the vehicle may only be driven by the Hirer and the drivers named at the time of hiring.
* The Hirer is under an obligation to record the names and addresses of all drivers to whom he entrusts the vehicle, for however short a time, and supply this information to the Rental Firm on request. The Hirer bears the same responsibility for the actions of any driver to whom he supplies the vehicle as for his own.
* the hirer must show it's driving license, passport and an international credit card that can be used for the security deposit upon pickup.
Pick-Up and Drop Off
Pick up and drop off are at the same station only.
Pick up and drop off are possible only in the rental depots, and only by the hirer.
No pickup and drop off in the airport, even not with extra charge.
No pickup and drop off outside of Finland, even not with extra charge.
Client's arrival and return from the rental station are on the client's responsibility and expense in a train/bus/cab or any other way.
The rental company provides transfers- 120 EUR each direction. This service must be ordered upon reservation, and client must provide full flights details and cell phone.
Clients who arrive by international flights are not allowed to drive a motorhome on flight arrival day. The client must overnight in a motel/hotel.
On-Line Check In : please note you must do Online Check In (Speed-pass) and call the rental location at least 3 working days prior your Pick-Up to arrange a suitable time for the vehicle Pick-Up or the transfer (if booked).
Rental station's operating hours
The rental station is open Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 and Saturday 10:00-14:00 at Helsinki and Monday-Friday 10:00-18:00 and Saturday 10:00-14:00 at Rovaniemi
Station is closed on Sundays and on holidays (see list)
Pick up and drop off on Saturday is possible on request ONLY and with additional charge of 69 EUR each Saturday.
Public Holidays in Finland 2019
1 January, 6 January, 19 April, 21-22 April, 1 May, 30 May, 09 June, 21 June, 02 November, 6 December, 25-26 December
Pick up Times:
Helsinki - Monday to Friday 14:00-16:30 Saturday 10:00-13:00,
Rovaniemi - Monday to Friday 13:00-16:00 Saturday 10:00-14:00
* Pick up in the morning is possible only with permit and in the cost of extra day.
* Pick up on Saturday is possible from 10:00-14:00 on request and with additional charge of 69 EUR.
* All rental stations are closed on Sundays and on holidays- no pick ups.
The renter should provide flight times upon reservation.
The renter is obliged to participate in a comprehensive vehicle instructions tour at the rental station (takes about an hour, a sheet of paper and writing implements are recommended).
Passport and driving licenses must be shown on pickup.
Any resulting delays of receipt and costs are at the expense of the renter.
* Before signing the contract please check the vehicle from the inside and outside and make sure there are no damages or broken parts. If there is some damage, have it noted to the rental agent in writing.
* Make sure you have all the items you paid for, and that nothing is missing.
* Before the departure make sure you know how to operate all the motorhome systems, mechanicals and electrical: refrigerator, heating, air condition, water etc. If it’s not clear, you may ask for explanations.
* Please ask for a map or directions to nearby campground and supermarkets for you to stock up on food and bottled water.
Drop Off Times:
Helsinki - Monday to Friday 09:00-11:00 Saturday 10:00-13:00,
Rovaniemi - Monday to Friday 09:00-11:00 Saturday 10:00-14:00
* Drop off in the afternoon is possible only with permit and in the cost of extra day. .
* Drop Off on Saturday is possible from 10:00-14:00 on request and with additional
charge of 69 EUR.
* The Vehicle must return clean on the inside & with emptied toilet tank, Otherwise the client will be charged for the cleaning costs of at least 150 EUR + 155 EUR for dumping.
The return of the vehicle is confirmed by the signature of the officer of the rental station on the return report. Without that signature, all damage to the vehicle is to be paid by the renter, especially if the vehicle is left at the station outside the business hours.
The client will be charged of 27 EUR for every extra hour or part of an hour (and maximum daily rate for every day late) of being late, and also for all other losses caused by the delay.
There will be no refund for early return.
Flights in return day
Returning the vehicle might take more time than you expect.
It is recommended to schedule your flight at noon or later and not in the morning hours. Please take in consideration being in the airport 2 and a half hour before the flight and the time of arrival to the airport.
Return Checklist, Damage Report
Any damages detected by the renter on the vehicle or its equipment after the start of the rental period must be immediately reported to the rental station, or at the latest, when the vehicle is returned.
The renter cannot assert any claims if the underlying damages of such claims are not established in the checklist in writing and in detail.
Prohibited use, duty of care
The Hirer is prohibited from using the vehicle as follows: to participate in motor sport events and vehicle tests, to transport easily inflammable, poisonous or otherwise dangerous substances, to commit Customs or other criminal offences, even if these are only punishable according to the law applicable in the place where the offence was committed, for rental to a third party or for the commercial transport of passengers or for any other use going beyond that agreed by contract, in particular driving on terrain not intended for the purpose.
The vehicle must be treated carefully and appropriately and properly locked on all occasions. The regulations and technical rules applicable to its use must be complied with. Its running condition, in particular oil and water levels and tyre pressure, must be monitored. The Hirer undertakes to check regularly to make sure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition.
Liability And Insurance
In accordance with the principles of a comprehensive motor insurance, the rental firm
will indemnify the renter from liability subject to an excess of € 1,200.00 to be borne by the renter in case of damage subject to full comprehensive motor insurance per case of damage. The respective excess cannot be excluded.
The indemnity against liability described above will not apply if the Hirer causes a loss/damage deliberately or by gross negligence.
If the Hirer causes loss/damage culpably, he will additionally be liable in the following
* if loss/damage was caused by impaired ability to drive due to drugs or alcohol
* if the Hirer or a driver to whom the Hirer has supplied the vehicle leaves the site of an accident without justification
* if the Hirer fails to call the police to an accident, unless this breach of obligation does not affect either the establishment of the cause of the loss/damage or of its amount
* if the Hirer breaches any other obligations imposed by Section 8, unless this breach of obligation does not affect either the establishment of the cause of the loss/damage or of its amount
* if loss/damage is due to usage prohibited
* if loss/damage is due to a breach of an obligation imposed above on "prohibited use" section
* if loss/damage is caused by an unauthorised driver to whom the Hirer has supplied the vehicle
* if loss/damage is due to a failure to take account of the vehicle‘s dimensions.
* if loss/damage is due to a failure to comply with load regulations
To avoid increasing costs due to expenses incurred to establish the amount of the
damage suffered, the Rental Firm will in the event of accident damage initially supply the Hirer on request with sample invoices for the type of case concerned.
The Hirer is liable for all fees, charges, fines and penalties imposed upon the Rental
Firm in connection with the use of the vehicle, unless these are incurred due to the fault of the Rental Firm. The rental firm reserves the right to deduct the fees, charges, fines and penalties from the clients credit card. Additional handling charges are subject to the displayed pricing lists at the rental stations.
More than one Hirer will be generally and severally liable.
The Hirer is liable for all fees, charges, fines and penalties imposed upon the Rental Firm in connection with the use of the vehicle, unless these are incurred due to the fault of the Rental Firm.
Repairs, substitute vehicle
Repairs which are necessary in order to maintain the vehicle in a good working and
roadworthy condition during the rental period may be ordered by the Hirer up to € 150.00 without consultation. Repairs going beyond this may only be ordered with the consent of the Rental Firm. The Rental Firm will bear repair costs on production of the original invoices and the parts replaced, as long as the Hirer is not liable for the damage pursuant to written above. This does not apply to tyre damage.
If a defect for which the Rental Firm is responsible makes such a repair necessary, and if the Hirer does not rectify the defect on his own initiative, the Hirer must notify the Rental Firm of the defect immediately and set a reasonable deadline for its repair. Any circumstances specific to a particular country (e.g. infrastructure) which delay the repair must be taken into account here to avoid disadvantage to the Rental Firm.
If the motorhome is destroyed without any fault on the part of the Hirer or if it appears likely that its use will be prevented or withdrawn for an unreasonably long time, the Rental Firm will be entitled to supply the Hirer with an equivalent substitute vehicle within a reasonable period. If the Rental Firm supplies an equivalent substitute vehicle, any termination by the Hirer is excluded. If in such a case the Rental Firm offers a motorhome from a lower price class and this is accepted by the Hirer, the Rental Firm will reimburse to the Hirer the difference between this and the price already paid in advance by the Hirer.
If the motorhome is destroyed due to the renter‘s fault or if it is foreseeable that its use will be prevented or made impossible for an unreasonably long period due to the renter‘s fault, the rental firm may refuse to make a replacement vehicle available. In such a case, termination of the contract by the renter is excluded. If the rental firm provides a replacement vehicle, it can charge the renter with the transfer costs incurred.
Event of Accidents
After an accident, theft or damage by fire or collision with a wild animal, the police must be informed immediately and also the Rental Firm via the Service Hotline or the rental station (for Telephone Number see rental contract). It is not permitted to accept any third-party claims as valid.
Even in the case of very slight damage, the Hirer must prepare a detailed written report for the Rental Firm, including a sketch. If, for whatever reason, the renter fails to draw up such report and if, because of that, the insurance company refuses to pay the damage, the renter shall be obliged to pay full compensation for the damage.
The accident report must in particular include the names and addresses of anyone involved and any witnesses, together with the license numbers of all vehicles involved.
Defects in the motorhome
The rental station has a service hotline and road assistance 24/7 in Europe.
In any case of defects in the car, the client must call immediately to the service hotline and not to the rental station in order to let the company help and solve the problem.
When contacting the service hotline, please make sure you have the vehicle's license number and be patient. The rental station will not take responsibility if the client didn’t contact the service hotline.
Important: there are two types of hotlines:
The rental company's hotline- in case one of the vehicle systems doesn’t work properly (electricity, water, fridge, stove etc.)
The vehicle manufacturer 's hotline- in case of a mechanic problem (engine, brakes etc.)
Traveling Abroad, Travel Restrictions
Journeys abroad within Europe are permitted. Travelling to Russia is not allowed. . Journeys to countries outside of Europe are subject to the prior approval of the Rental Firm. Journeys to areas affected by war or crisis are prohibited.
The transport of pets is only permitted with the express consent of the Rental Firm. Cleaning expenses, which result from non-observance, have to be paid by the hirer.
All vehicles are non-smoking vehicles.
In every refueling and every time before you start out on a journey, please switch the gas-fuelled equipment off.
External temperatures of 0 C (32 Fahrenheit) or below might cause the pipes to freeze. Under weather conditions like these, the vehicle will have to be permanently heated.
Please observe the instructions as to the frost protection device, which protects the boiler against frost. If the vehicle is not sufficiently heated, the frost protection device discharges the water from the boiler in order to prevent the boiler walls from breaking.
Please ask for more information at the rental depot.
Please be advised that the vehicles in Finland will be winterized during the winter season to prevent freezing. This means that no water at all is available in the motorhome. Once the vehicle is winterized, no water can be put into the fresh water tank, it is not allowed to run water in the sinks, the shower as well as the toilet. Moreover, the vehicle cannot be hooked up to the city water supply anymore.
Customers are advised to use the services on the campsites.
Illustrations and text in our website are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by the rental company or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.