Australia 4 - Terms And Conditions
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Minimum Rental Days
Minimum rental periods are 7 days.
Minimum rental periods are subject to change during peak periods.
Day of pick up and day of drop off are each counted as days of rental regardless of time of pick up and drop off. When a rental moves from one rate season into the next, the calculation is based on both rates.
Rental days are charged per calendar day. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental. The day of the vehicle's return is counted as the final day of the rental. Vehicles are required to be collected and returned within business hours.
When a rental moves from one rate season into the next, the calculation is based on both rates.
Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
Reservations and Payments
All reservations are confirmed according to vehicle category and not according to vehicle model.
A down payment of 5% of the total, (minimum 250 AUD$) is taken after confirmation via credit card.
Rest of payment of the total hire charge for the reserved period is to be paid up to 100 days prior to pick up.
Payments will be charged in USD$ or in Euros.
Exchange rates according : www.oanda.com
Credit card accepted: Visa or Mastercard.
Extra items will be paid by the client at the pick up location.
All Inclusive Package - must be pre-paid.
If cancelled 100 days or more prior to pick up - 5% of Total (minimum 250 AUD$)
If cancelled 94 to 26 days prior to pick up - 10% of Total Rental (minimum 250 AUD)
If cancelled 25 to 10 days prior to pick up - 20% of Total Rental
If cancelled less than 9-3 days prior to pick up - 55% of Total Rental
If cancelled less than 3 days before pick up or no-show - 100% of Total Rental
There is no refund for late pick up or early return of vehicle.
Cancellation fees are of the total amount minus any applied discounts.
In any case of cancellation, a handling fee of 100$ will be charged in addition to the cancellation fee.
If a bookings travel dates are amended to a lower season rates or less number of days, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
A cancellation of a booking MUST be made by the client in writing by e-mail or by fax and received at our office during operation hours 9am-16 pm Europe time.
All amendments to bookings are subject to availability of the vehicle and/or package. Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
Amendments prior to the vehicle collection date will be re-calculated at the flex rate applicable on the date of amendment. This applies to changing the vehicle type, reducing the number of rental days, changing pick-up dates and/or changing the pick-up or drop-off location. Where the number of rental days is being extended prior to the vehicle collection date (days are being added on at the end of the rental with no change to the original pick up date), which applied at the time of the original booking, will apply.
a charge of 50AUD$ handling fee will be applied per any change.
If an amendment is made to the rental dates after the booking is fully paid, no refund will be made if the length of hire is shortened.
Change of Drop off Destination
If the customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorization from the Reservations or Scheduling departments.
Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to AU$750 may apply.
If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorisation from Reservations or any of maui‟s branches. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged may not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorisation will result in a daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, the rental company reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
The type of restraint required for your child depends on their age as follows:
* Children aged under six months (up to 9kg) must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint. Children in this category cannot be seated in the front of our vehicles.
* Children aged between six months and less than four years (8 - 18kg) must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint OR a forward facing child restraint with an in-built harness. Children in this category cannot be seated in the front of our vehicles.
* Children aged between four years and under seven (14 - 26kg) must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, forward facing child restraint with an in-built harness OR an approved booster seat which is properly positioned and fastened. Whilst it is legal (under certain circumstances) for a child in this category to sit in the front seat, maui does not recommend any child under 26kgs or under seven years travels in the front seat.
* All child restraints must comply with current Australian Standards and must be labeled with an Australian Standards sticker for the standard AS/NZS 1754
* Child and Booster seats brought from overseas do not comply with the Australian and New Zealand standard and it is illegal to use them in Australia
* It is the responsibility of customers to fit the seats in the vehicle
Where your child can sit
* Front seats in all vehicles are not fitted with anchor points and cannot accommodate children under four years in any case.
* If all appropriate rear seats are being used by children under seven years, children aged between four and six years (inclusive) may travel in the front seat, provided they use an approved booster seat.
Liability and Insurance
Australia legislation provides limited coverage for personal injury.
We strongly recommend that all people travelling in Australia take out personal travel insurance.
(In the USA an excess / Liability is referred to as the "deductible").
All vehicles are insured for damage to the vehicle or to the property of a Third Party. The hirer is responsible for the first AU$7,500 (the Liability) of the cost of damage to Third Party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tire damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the "exclusions". This also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs.
The Liability is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The Liability will be refunded if the rental company is successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the Third Party. Please note that Third Party claims can take months to resolve.
NOTE - The Liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental.
Please see the "Exclusions" section below, whereby all Liability Reduction cover will be made void.
This AU$7,500 Liability can be reduced, in most circumstances, by the purchase of Liability Reduction Option.
VEHICLE LIABILITY AND LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION
Personal injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party insurance. Maui does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during the rental, nor for any loss or damage to any personal belongings or property of the customer (or any person or entity related to the customer). We strongly recommend that all people travelling in New Zealand take out personal travel insurance.
(In the USA a liability is referred to as the “deductible”)
All vehicles are insured for the damage to the vehicle or to the property of a third party. The customer is responsible for the first $7,500 (“the liability”) of the cost of any damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle, including single vehicle accident (does not include single vehicle roll over), windscreen and tire damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the ‘Exclusions’. This also includes the cost of the daily rental for the period the vehicle is being repaired. In addition to these costs, an administration fee of $60 may apply, per claim. The liability applies in respect of each claim, not rental. The $7,500 liability can be reduced by purchasing the Liability Reduction Option or The Inclusive Pack.
Liability Reduction Option
Liability reduced to Nil (ZERO) By Paying: AU$45 per day (max AU$2,250)
When the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the ‘exclusions’. This cover includes unlimited tire and windscreen cover for accidental damage.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND OUR CUSTOMERS TO TAKE THE INCLUSIVE PACKAGE FOR TRAVEL WITH PEACE OF MIND.
All liability cover will be made void if any of the following "Exclusions" are breached:
1. Overhead and underbody damage to the vehicle - except where Liability Reduction Option 2 or the maui Premium Package has been purchased . This does not cover single vehicle rollover except where Additional Protection Coverage has been purchased.
2. Damage caused to the vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in vehicle manual. Vehicles are not to be used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
3. Any water related damage which includes, but is not limited to:
a) any vehicle submersion
b) creek or river crossing
c) driving through flooded areas
d) beach driving
4. Personal belongings. maui recommends the hirer does not leave valuables in the vehicle and that they have take out travel insurance to cover for the loss/damage of personal belongings.
5. Any damage caused by willful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in damage to the hired vehicle or third party vehicle/property.
6. A single vehicle roll over occurs except where Inclusive Pack has been purchased.
8. Damage caused to the vehicle due to the use of snow chains.
9. The customer will be liable for any damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), this includes Bio-Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel.
10. The cost to retrieve or recover a vehicle, which may include, but is not limited to a vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in anyway and/or has been abandoned.
11. The cost to replace keys, which have been lost or stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in a vehicle.
12. The vehicle rented may only be used to carry the maximum number of passengers as dictated by the vehicle type. If more passengers are carried than what is allowed maui does not accept any liability.
13. Drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers that have a licence that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a licence that is classified as a learners or probationary licence.
14. The customer has fitted accessories (as provided by maui or otherwise) to the vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes damage to the vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property.
15. Using the vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
16. Any damage caused to the vehicle by hail, flood, fire, storm, cyclone or other natural disasters.
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is AUD$7,500 and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
The customer must provide a valid credit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customer’s credit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa or MasterCard, or 2.8% when the credit card used is American Express.
The customer authorizes Maui to retain the details of their credit card and to take any action to recover from the credit card the amounts due by the customer pursuant to the Maui Rental Agreement Terms and Conditions. These charges including, but not limited to, vehicle cleaning (this includes toilet and waste water tank emptying), speeding, toll way, parking or freedom camping fines, on road assistance, delivery and return of vehicle, late drop off fees, failure to return the vehicle with full diesel or petrol tanks or full LPG bottle (pre-paid fuel and pre-paid gas is included in the Express Return Pack), rental extensions or Exclusions. For security purposes, only the customer’s credit card can be used for the Credit Card Authority
maui recommend that customers use a Visa or MasterCard credit card for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
Return the Vehicle / Fines
All vehicles must be returned clean on the inside, with emptied toilet and waste water tank and with full petrol, diesel and gas tanks.
AU $250 cleaning fee will be charged if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition. This includes smoking related cleaning, as smoking is not permitted in the vehicle.
AU $125 soiling fee will be retained if the toilet and waste water tank will not be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle (Included in the Express Return Pack in Cairns, Melbourne and Sydney).
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit and debit card transactions are conducted in Australian dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and/or bank transaction fees there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. The rental company does not accept any liability for variances up or down.
The credit or debit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer. Accepted credit and debit cards are Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express.
A non-refundable 2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions and 5.3% (from April 2018 - 5%) to American Express cards. Credit card administration fees also apply to debited vehicle security deposits and only the hirer’s credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the vehicle security deposit.
The credit card administration fees are subject to change.
The Liability Deposit is fully refundable, including the credit card surcharge, if the card used to provide the Liability Deposit is Visa or MasterCard, provided the vehicle is returned undamaged. Maui recommend customers use a Visa or MasterCard for the Liability Deposit, as the credit card administration fee that applies when using American Express is not refundable.
Personal and Company cheques
Personal and company cheques will not be accepted as payment for rentals at the time of pick-up. These must be received by the rental company 14 working days prior to commencement of the hire/s.
Driving License / Driver's Age
A current and full motor vehicle driver’s licence is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign licence be in a language other then English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver’s licence was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Branches Operation Hours
maui branches are open 7 days a week with the following exceptions:
maui branches are closed on Christmas Day (25 December), and Australia Day (26 January).
maui branches are closed on Sundays during off peak months.
A $100 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on
25 September 2017 (Broome, Perth)
2 October 2017 (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns)
7 November 2017 (Melbourne)
26 December 2017 (all locations)
01 January 2018 (all locations)
12 February 2018 (Hobart)
12 March 2018 (Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart)
02 April 2018 (all locations)
25 April 2018 (all locations)
26 December 2018 (all locations)
1 January 2019 (all locations)
7 May 2018 (Alice Springs, Darwin, Brisbane, Cairns)
4 June 2018 (Broome, Perth)
11 June 2018 (Adelaide, Alice Springs, Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney)
06 July 2018 (Alice Springs)
27 July 2018 (Darwin)
6 August 2018 (Alice Springs, Darwin, Sydney)
15 August 2018 (Brisbane)
24 September 2018 (Broome, Perth)
01 October 2018 (Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, Cairns)
6 November 2018 (Melbourne)
11 February 2019 (Hobart)
4 March 2019 (Perth)
11 March 2109 (Adelaide, Melbourne, Hobart)
1 April to 30 September: 07:30 - 16:00 hours open 7 days a week
1 October to 28 February: 10:00 - 16:00 hours Sunday closed
1 March to 31 March: 07:30 - 16:00 hours, open 7 days a week
* Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide
1 April to 30 April: 07:30 - 16:00 hours open 7 days a week
1 May to 31 August: 10:00 - 16:00 hours Sunday closed
1 September to 31 March: 07:30 - 16:00 hours, open 7 days a week
1 April to 30 June: 07:30 - 16:00 hours open 7 days a week
1 July to 31 August: 07:30 - closed
1 September to 31 March: 07:30 - 16:00 hours, open 7 days a week
* Alice Springs, Darwin, Broome
1 April to 30 April: 10:00 - 16:00 hours Sunday closed
1 May to 31 October: 07:30 - 16:00 hours: open 7 days a week
1 November to 30 November: 10:00 - 16:00 hours, Sunday closed
1 December - 31 March - closed.
1 April to 30 April: 10:00- 16:00 hours Sunday closed
1 May to 31 October: 07:30 - 16:00 hours: open 7 days a week
1 September to 31 March: 10:00 - 16:00 hours, Sunday closed
A $100 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on
New Year's Day (1st January),
ANZAC Day (25th April)
and Boxing Day (26th December) at all Maui locations.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Customers collecting or returning their vehicle must be at the branch by 1530 hours.
Pick-ups and drop-offs outside normal office hours must be made by prior arrangement 7 days notice is required, please advise at time of booking. Please refer to notes regarding delayed flights.
There will be no refund for late pick up.
There will be no refund for early return.
If the Customer wishes to drop-off the Vehicle after business hours, they must first get approval from Reservations (1300 363 800). Failure to obtain authorization for a drop off outside business hours will result in an additional daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate being charged.
If the late drop-off is approved, a fee of AU$150 is applicable and the Customer will be required to pay an extra day's Liability Reduction Option charge (if applicable) as they will be held responsible for the Vehicle up until the time that it is checked in by a maui staff member the following day.
Motorhomes can only be driven on sealed/bitumen or well-maintained roads.
The only exceptions to this are well-maintained access roads of less than twelve kilometres to recognised campgrounds and well-maintained, recognised roads on Kangaroo Island (South Australia). Should a customer wish to travel on an unsealed road that is greater than twelve kilometres in length to access a recognised campground special permission can be arranged pending road condition, weather and distance. Please contact your local representative to discuss.
Maui reserves the right at its sole discretion to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions.
Should a customer breach the road restriction rules by taking a vehicle on an unsealed road or restricted road maui may impose a fee on the customer of $300 on each occasion that is identified by Maui.
All vehicles are fully maintained, serviced and detailed between rentals by our experienced staff. We have few problems, however, if advice or assistance is required, support is available to every client throughout Australia by telephoning our toll-free phone number.
The insurance Excess is per accident and is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The insurance Excess will be refunded if we are successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the third party. Please understand that it can take up to two years. If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident whilst on hire please ensure you follow this procedure:
At the accident scene:
1. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses.
2. Do not accept blame or insist other party is at fault.
3. Report the accident to police, regardless of estimated damage costs.
4. Photograph damage to all vehicle/s and registration number/s. if possible, take more than one photo showing different angles.
5. Phone your nearest branch with the accidents details within 24 hours.
At The Branch:
1. The customer must produce their driver's license and hand over the police report (if applicable) and any supporting photographs.
2. Customers are required to pay the accident Excess (if applicable).
· 3. The customer service representative will ensure the motor vehicle accident report is completed clearly and accurately and signed by the customer.
On Road Assistance
Any problems associated with the vehicle, including equipment failure, must be reported to maui as soon as possible and within 24 hours in order to give maui the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so will compromise any claims for compensation. maui does not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period. Please contact us on toll free: 1300-850805
Repairs up to AU$200 may be effected without authorisation and will be reimbursed upon presentation of a receipt. For amounts over AU$200, maui will need to be informed in advance. Repairs will be approved provided the customer was not directly responsible for the damage. Receipts must be submitted for any repair or the claim will not be paid.
Unless the Customer has taken the Liability Reduction Option or The Inclusive pack, the Customer will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tires damaged during the Rental Period except if the tire is defective, and inspected and confirmed by a maui authorized service centre.
Infringements / Traffic Fines
Maui reserves the right to submit a statutory declaration to the issuing authority and/or charge the Customer for any speeding, toll way, parking or other traffic offence. In addition, Maui reserves the right to charge an administration fee of up to AU$60 for associated administration costs to the Customer's credit card upon receipt of a charge for any speeding, toll way, parking or other traffic offence incurred by the Customer. This fee will be applicable per offence.
If the Customer continues to exceed a speed of 110km or continues to exceed the posted speed limit, as determined by the Customer repeatedly ignoring the warnings of the telematics system fitted into the Vehicle, Maui may impose a fee on the Customer in the amount of AU$300.
No animals are permitted in our vehicles, excluding guide dogs.
The rental company reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by Maui or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
Motorhome International is independent, not an agent for any particular car/motor-home rental company. Motorhome International arrange the rental between the client and the rental company. when you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental contract provided by the rental company and subject to local laws.