Australia 2 - Terms And Conditions
Vehicles cannot be requested by make or model, only by vehicle category.
Minimum Rental Days
Minimum rental periods are 7 days.
All rentals collecting between 20 December and 10 January will have a minimum hire requirement of 10 days.
Minimum rental periods are subject to change during peak periods.
Day of pick up and day of drop off are each counted as days of rental regardless of time of pick up and drop off. When a rental moves from one rate season into the next, the calculation is based on both rates.
Rental days are charged per calendar day. When calculating the number of days a vehicle is rented, the day of pick-up is counted as day one of the rental. The day of the vehicle's return is counted as the final day of the rental. Vehicles are required to be collected and returned within business hours.
When a rental moves from one rate season into the next, the calculation is based on both rates.
Late pick-up or early return of vehicle does not entitle the hirer to any refund of the unused portion of the rental.
Reservations and Payments
All reservations are confirmed according to vehicle category and not according to vehicle model.
250 AUD$ down payment is taken after confirmation via credit card (charged in USD$)
Rest of payment of the total hire charge for the reserved period is to be paid up to 35 days prior to pick up in US$.
Exchange rates according: www.oanda.com
Credit card accepted: Visa or MasterCard.
Extra items will be paid by the client at the pick up location.
All Inclusive Package - must be pre-paid 35 days prior to pick up.
* If cancelled up to 23 days prior to pick-up - 200$
* If cancelled from 22 to 8 days prior to pick-up - 20% of total Rental
* If cancelled 7 to 2 days prior to pick-up - 50% of total Rental
* If cancelled less than 2 days prior pick up or No - Show 100%
* In any case of cancellation will be 100$ handling fees in addition to the cancellation fees.
* If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever no refund is available for the unused portion of the hire.
* If a bookings travel dates are amended within the cancellation fee period to be outside of the cancellation fee period and is subsequently cancelled, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
After the reservation has been confirmed, a charge of 50AU$ handling fee will be applied per any change. Changes must be first approved by the rental company.
Different rates may apply based on the amendment made.
If an amendment is made to the rental dates within 14 days of collection, no refund will be made if the length of hire is shortened.
Change of Drop off Destination
If the Customer wishes to change the drop-off destination, they must first obtain authorization from the company by calling 1800 331 454. Subject to the change being approved, an additional charge of up to AU$750 may apply, which will be notified to you at time of approval and is required to be paid immediately via credit card. The fee may apply in all change of drop-off destination cases irrespective of the reason for the location change.
If the customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorization from Reservations or any of the branches. The rental extension is subject to vehicle availability. The cost of an extended rental must be paid by credit card over the telephone on confirmation of the rental extension. The rate charged will not reflect the original rate booked. Failure to obtain authorization will result in a daily fee of AU$150 in addition to the daily rate.
Change of Vehicle
Should the vehicle booked be unavailable through unforeseen circumstances, the rental company reserves the right to substitute an alternative vehicle without prior notification and at no extra cost. This shall not constitute a breach of contract and does not entitle the hirer to a refund.
Should the hirer decide to take a lesser vehicle than booked they will not be entitled to any refund.
Return the Vehicle / Fines
All vehicles must be returned clean on the inside, with emptied toilet and waste water tank and with full petrol, diesel and gas tanks.
AU $250 cleaning fee will be charged if the vehicle is not returned in a clean condition. This includes smoking related cleaning, as smoking is not permitted in the vehicle.
AU $125 soiling fee will be retained if the toilet and waste water tank will not be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle.
Exchange Rate / Currency Variations
All credit card transactions are conducted in Australian dollars. Due to exchange rate fluctuations and/or bank transaction fees there could be some variance in the amount refunded compared to the amount initially charged. The rental company does not accept any liability for variances up or down.
2% administration fee will apply to all Visa and MasterCard transactions.
4.6% administration fee will apply to American Express cards.
Credit card administration fees also apply to debited security bonds and only the hirer's credit card is acceptable to use for the purpose of the security bond.
Accepted credit cards are: Visa Card, MasterCard and American Express
The credit card holder will be jointly and severally liable as a customer.
Personal and Company cheques
Personal and company cheques will not be accepted as payment for rentals at the time of pick-up. These must be received by the rental company 14 working days prior to commencement of the hire/s.
Driving License / Driver's Age
A current and full motor vehicle driver's license is required and must be produced upon vehicle collection. Should a foreign license be in a language other then English it must be accompanied by a current international driving permit issued in the same country as the driver's license was issued. An accredited English translation will be accepted in lieu of an international driving permit.
Drivers must be 21 years of age or over.
Branches Operation Hours
the branches are open 7 days per week with the following exceptions:
Branches are closed on Christmas Day (25th December) and Australia Day (26th January). The company requests that clients collecting or returning their Vehicle attend the relevant branch by 3:30pm on the relevant day.
Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth
1 April to 30 April -7.30am to 4pm
1 May to 31 August -10am to 4pm, closed Sundays
1 September to 31 March - 7.30am to 4pm
1 April to 30 April - 7.30am to 4pm
1 May to 31 August - 7.30am to 4pm, closed Sundays
1 September to 31 March - 7.30am to 4pm
1 April to 30 April - 7.30am to 4pm
1 May to 31 August - CLOSED
1 September to 31 March - 7.30am to 4pm
Alice Springs, Darwin and Broome
1 April to 30 April - 10am to 4pm, closed Sundays
1 May to 31 October - 7.30am to 4pm
1 November to 30 November - 10am to 4pm, closed Sundays
1 December to 31 March - CLOSED
1 April to 30 April - 10am to 4pm, closed Sundays
1 May to 31 October - 7.30am to 4pm
1 November to 31 March - 10am to 4pm, closed Sundays
* 4WD Vehicles are only available to and from Broome, Darwin, Alice Springs, Cairns, Brisbane and Perth.
If the Customer wishes to drop-off the Vehicle to a Britz branch after business hours, they must first get approval from The company by calling 1800 331 454. The Customer will incur an additional fee of AU$150 per day (in addition to the daily rate being charged) if the Customer fails to obtain such approval from the company prior to the late drop-off of the Vehicle. This late drop-off fee and the additional rental charges will be charged to the Customer's credit card.
If the late drop-off is approved, a fee of AU$150 is applicable and the Customer will be required to pay an extra day's Liability Reduction Option charge (if applicable) as they will be held responsible for the Vehicle up until the time that it is checked in by a Britz staff member the following day. This late drop-off fee is required to be paid via the Customer's credit card on approval of the late drop-off.
AUS$100 surcharge will apply to all rentals picking up and/or dropping off on National public holidays;
1st January (New Year's Day(
25th April (Anzac Day(
26th December (Boxing Day(
NOTE: Customers collecting or returning their vehicle must be at the branch by 1530 hours.
If the Customer wishes to extend the rental whilst on hire, they must first obtain authorization from the company by calling 1800 331 454. This is subject to availability. The extra cost of an extended rental must be paid by the Customer by credit card on confirmation of the rental extension.
Failure to obtain an authorization for a rental extension will result in a late fee of AU$150 per day in addition to the daily rental rate (plus Liability Reduction Option charges) for each day until the Vehicle is returned. The daily rental rate charged will be the rate applicable on the day of extension (which may differ from the original rate booked) per Vehicle for the extended rental period. These charges will be applied to the Customerís credit card on a daily basis until the Vehicle is returned.
2WD vehicles must not be used on any unsealed road (being a road not sealed with a hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete). Off road conditions include, but are not limited to: fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads limited to a maximum of twelve kilometers in length to recognized commercial campgrounds.
4WD Vehicles can be driven on recognized unsealed tracks.
4WD Vehicles may only travel to the following areas with the written permission of The company: Simpson Desert, Strzelecki Track, Gunbarrel Highway, Cape York, the Bungle Bungles, Oodnadatta Track, Birdsville Track, Tanami Track, the Plenty Highway, Gibb River Road, Burke Development Road from Chillagoe to Normanton, Savannah Way from Normanton to Borroloola, Fraser Island*, Finke Road (between Alice Springs and Oodnadatta), Central Arnhem Road and Arnhem Land in general, and
Vehicles are not permitted on the Canning Stock Route, the Old Gunbarrel Hwy, the Lost City in Litchfield Park, the Old Telegraph Track section of the road to Cape York, Boggy Hole (Finke Gorge National Park) and the Old South Road from Maryvale to Finke at any time. Travel to Cape York between the months of December to May is not permitted. The Customer is responsible for all damage if travelling on these roads.
* The Safari Landcruiser 4WD is not permitted to travel to Fraser Island where any objects are being stored on the roof of the Vehicle. This requirement is legislated and fines, enforced by local authorities are applicable.
Breach of Road Restriction Rules
The Customer acknowledges and agrees to pay to the company a fee of AU$300 on each occasion that it is identified by Britz that:
* A customer has taken a 2WD Vehicle on an unsealed road or a Restricted Road; and or
* A customer has taken a 4WD Vehicle on a Restricted Road,
The fee described will be due and payable by immediate deduction from the Customer's credit card.
We value your well-being, and for safety purposes, the company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict Vehicle movements in certain areas due to:
(a) Adverse road or weather conditions
(b) The distance to nominated destinations in relation to the length of the hire period; and
(c) Any concerns Britz, its employees or agents may have regarding driver experience or ability.
Britz will advise you on pick-up of any travel restrictions known at that time.
* Where Britz mandates a change in drop off location, fees as per clause 6 will not apply.
* The Customer shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Britz.
* The Customer will not allow any animals to be carried in the Vehicle, excluding registered guide dogs. Britz reserves the right to charge the Customer's credit card a cleaning fee in the amount of AU$250 for any animal related cleaning.
* The Customer shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including daily checks of the oil, water and batteries, and will contact Britz immediately should vehicle warning lights indicate any potential malfunction.
Use of the vehicle
The Customer agrees that, during the Rental Period, the Customer will not allow the Vehicle to be:
1. Driven otherwise than in a prudent and cautious manner. A single Vehicle rollover is considered a breach of this condition. A single Vehicle rollover may include, but is not limited to, a Vehicle that has rolled, tipped or fallen over and this has caused damage to the side and/or roof area of the Vehicle in circumstances within the control of the Customer. Customers who have purchased The Bundle (in conjunction with the Liability Reduction Option) or the Britz Inclusive Pack will have the cost of damage resulting from an accidental single Vehicle rollover covered, providing that the Customer has not otherwise breached this Agreement in relation to the rollover;
2. Driven at a speed in excess of a speed limit displayed in relation to the road that the Customer is driving on and as posted by the relevant state or territory authority;
3. Driven at a speed in excess of 110 kilometres per hour at any time, including where the posted legal speed limit is in excess than 110 kilometres per hour;
4. Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
5. Left with the ignition key in the Vehicle while it is unoccupied;
6. submerged in water, brought into contact with salt water, used in a creek or river crossing, driven on a beach or through flooded areas;
7. Used for any illegal purpose or in any race, rally or contest;
8. used to tow any vehicle or trailer;
9. used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward;
10. Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the Vehicle manual or on the Vehicle or specified in this Agreement;
11. Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material;
12. used for the purpose of transporting and haulage of goods other than what might be reasonably expected of a leisure rental.
The type of restraint required for your child depends on their age as follows:
* Children aged under six months (up to 9kg) must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint. Children in this category cannot be seated in the front of our vehicles.
* Children aged between six months and less than four years (8 - 18kg) must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, rear facing child restraint OR a forward facing child restraint with an in-built harness. Children in this category cannot be seated in the front of our vehicles.
* Children aged between four years and under seven (14 - 26kg) must wear an approved, properly fastened and adjusted, forward facing child restraint with an in-built harness OR an approved booster seat which is properly positioned and fastened. Whilst it is legal (under certain circumstances) for a child in this category to sit in the front seat, Britz does not recommend any child under 26kgs or under seven years travels in the front seat.
* All child restraints must comply with current Australian Standards and it is the responsibility of customers to fit them in the vehicle. We strongly recommend any child restraints are pre booked.
Where your child can sit
* Front seats in all vehicles are not fitted with anchor points and cannot accommodate children under four years in any case.
* If all appropriate rear seats are being used by children under seven years, children aged between four and six years (inclusive) may travel in the front seat, provided they use an approved booster seat.
Personal Injury is covered in most cases through Registration Third Party Insurance. However, we strongly recommend that all people travelling in Australia take out Personal Travel Insurance. Britz does not accept any liability for personal injuries sustained during rental.
Vehicle damage - Liability and Liability Reduction Option
The Customer understands that:
(a) The Vehicle is insured for third party Vehicle and property damage;
(b) The Customer will have to pay the first AU$5,000 for the HiTop and Voyager or the first AU$7,500 for all other 2WD campervans, of the cost of any Damage incurred whilst the Vehicle is in the Customer's possession (or the total cost of Damage);
(c) The Customer will have to pay the first AU$8,000 for a 4WD Vehicle of the cost of any Damage incurred whilst the Vehicle is in the Customer's possession (or the total cost of Damage);
(d) The Customer's liability for Damage may be reduced by taking out the Liability Reduction Option.
The Customer will be responsible for the total cost of any Damage, and the Liability Reduction Option (if taken) will be void, if:
(a) The Customer breaches any of the terms of this Agreement, and that breach is the cause of or contributes to the relevant Damage; or
(b) The Damage is covered by any of the exclusions.
Liability Reduction Option
Liability reduced to Nil (ZERO) By Paying (for 2WD campervans): AU$45 per day (max AU$2,250)
Liability reduced to AU$500 By Paying (for 4WD campervans): AU$49 per day (max AU$2,450)
When the vehicle hired is a 2WD campervan and the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will have no liability at all with the exception of the 'exclusions'. This cover includes unlimited tire and windscreen cover for accidental damage.
When the vehicle hired is the Safari Landcruiser and the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased, the hirer will be responsible for the first $500 ("the liability") of the cost of damage to third party property or to the rented vehicle. This includes single vehicle accident, windscreen and tire damage, towing and recovery costs, theft, fire, break-in or vandalism with the exception of the 'exclusions'.
Customers hiring the Safari Landcruiser who have not purchased 4WD Max Cover will be responsible for up to $8,000 for towing and vehicle recovery costs in the event that towing and vehicle recovery is required from a 4WD road where permission was provided from Britz in order to travel on the roads (refer to the road restrictions section for a list of these roads where permission is required before travel).
4WD vehicles - 4WD Max Cover (Safari Landcruiser only) - AU$200 per rental
* Reduces the Liability to NIL
* Unlimited accidental damage to overhead and underbody sections of the vehicle
* Upgraded to unlimited kilometers per day
* Towing and vehicle recover costs for 4WD roads where permission is required
The 4WD Max Cover is only available with 4WD Vehicle hires and when the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased by the Customer.
Customers requiring Vehicle towing and Vehicle recovery from a road listed within this section will be responsible for up to AU$8,000 for towing and Vehicle recovery in the event of not having this cover irrespective of the Liability Reduction Option being selected. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Britz is authorized to charge the Customer's credit card for the purpose of payment of the towing and Vehicle recovery fee described in this clause.
BRITZ STRONGLY RECOMMENDS OUR CUSTOMERS TAKE THE BUNDLE (IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE LIABILITY REDUCTION OPTION) OR THE BRITZ INCLUSIVE PACK, AND IN THE CASE OF 4WD VEHICLE HIRE, 4WD MAX COVER FOR TRAVEL WITH COMPLETE PEACE OF MIND.
All liability cover will be made void if any of the following "Exclusions" are breached:
1. Any Damage due to vehicle use in contravention of dection 'Use of Vehicle';
2. Any Damage caused by willful misconduct (e.g. sitting or standing on the bonnet or roof of the Vehicle) and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and negligence resulting in Damage to the hired Vehicle or third party vehicle/property;
3. Any loss or damage to personal belongings or property of the Customer (or any person or entity related to the Customer or any person as a passenger in the Vehicle);
4. Any Damage where the Customer is charged by local authorities for being careless, showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local road rules, resulting in Damage to the hired Vehicle or third party vehicle/property;
5. Retrieving or recovering a Vehicle which may include, but is not limited to a Vehicle that has become bogged, submerged, caught, trapped, stuck or restricted in any way and/or has been abandoned;
6. Replacing keys which have become lost, stolen, or retrieval of keys which have been locked in the Vehicle;
7. Any overhead and underbody Damage to the 4WD Vehicle however caused - except where 4WD Max Cover has been purchased;
8. Any overhead and underbody Damage to the 2WD Vehicle however caused - except where the Liability Reduction Option has been purchased;
9. Any single Vehicle rollover, except where The Bundle (in conjunction with the Liability Reduction Option) or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased;
10. Any towing and Vehicle recovery costs (up to AU$8,000) from a 4WD road where permission is required in advance from Britz in order to travel (refer to road restrictions for a full list of these roads) where the Customer has not purchased 4WD Max Cover;
11. Damage caused to the Vehicle because total load (kg) has exceeded recommended load as stated in Vehicle manual;
12. Damage caused by drivers not identified on the rental agreement and/or drivers that have a license that has been cancelled or suspended and/or drivers who have a license that is classified as a learner or probationary license;
13. Any Damage caused to the Vehicle due to the use of snow chains;
14. Any Damage associated with the incorrect use of fuel (fuel being diesel or petrol), this includes Bio- Diesel which should not be used, or water or other contamination of fuel;
15. Any Damage caused to the Vehicle due to part or total submersion in water;
16. The Customer fitting accessories (as provided by Britz or otherwise) to the Vehicle incorrectly or otherwise in a manner which causes Damage to the Vehicle, the accessories or any other vehicle or property; and
17. Using the Vehicle in contravention of any legislation or regulation controlling vehicular traffic.
VEHICLE SECURITY DEPOSIT
If the Liability Reduction Option or the Inclusive Pack is not taken, the customer must pay the Liability Deposit. The Liability Deposit is $5,000 for the HiTop and Voyager, $7,500 for all other 2WD campervans or $8,000 for the Safari Landcruiser, and is applicable regardless if the hirer has purchased private travel insurance.
When the vehicle hired is the Safari Landcruiser and the Liability Reduction Option or the Britz Inclusive Pack has been purchased the Liability deposit is $500.
The customer must provide a valid credit card to pay the Liability Deposit and the amount will be debited to the customerís credit card on the day of vehicle collection. The credit card holder must be present and able to sign for the Liability Deposit upon vehicle collection. The credit card holder is jointly and severally liable for any damage to the rental vehicle. Any type of pre-paid travel card is not acceptable as a means to provide a Liability Deposit.
The Liability Deposit is subject to a 2% credit card administration fee in addition to the Liability Deposit amount when the credit card used is either a Visa or MasterCard or 4.6% when the credit card used is American Express.
On Road Assistance
Britz provides 24 hour on-road assistance support. Please contact on free call: 1300 850 805 if you require assistance.
Any problems associated with the Vehicle including equipment failure, must be reported to Britz within 24 hours in order to give the opportunity to rectify the problem during the rental. Failure to do so may compromise any claims for compensation. Britz reserves the right to not accept liability for any claims submitted after this period.
The insurance Excess is per accident and is applicable regardless of who is at fault and must be paid at the time the accident report is completed, not at the completion of the rental. The insurance Excess will be refunded if we are successful in recovering the cost of the damages from the third party. Please understand that it can take up to two years. If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident whilst on hire please ensure you follow this procedure:
At the accident scene:
1. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses.
2. Do not accept blame or insist other party is at fault.
3. Report the accident to police, regardless of estimated damage costs.
4. Photograph damage to all vehicle/s and registration number/s. if possible, take more than one photo showing different angles.
5. Phone your nearest branch with the accidents details within 24 hours.
At The Branch:
1. The customer must produce their driver's license and hand over the police report (if applicable) and any supporting photographs.
2. Customers are required to pay the accident Excess (if applicable).
3. The customer service representative will ensure the motor vehicle accident report is completed clearly and accurately and signed by the customer.
The Company will reimburse the Customer for expenditure up to AU$200 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the Vehicle. For repairs costing over AU$200, The company will need to be informed and confirm the repair in advance. Repairs will be approved and reimbursement for expenditure will be made (where applicable), provided the Customer was not responsible for the damage. In all cases, receipts must be submitted for any repair or the claim will not be paid.
Unless the Customer has taken the Liability Reduction Option, the Customer will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tires damaged during the Rental Period except if the tire is defective and is returned by the Customer to The company for inspection and is subject to a warranty claim on the manufacturer.
Infringements / Traffic Fines
The company reserves the right to submit a statutory declaration to the issuing authority and/or charge the Customer for any speeding, toll way, parking or other traffic offence. In addition, The company reserves the right to charge an administration fee of up to AU$60 for associated administration costs to the Customer's credit card upon receipt of a charge for any speeding, toll way, parking or other traffic offence incurred by the Customer. This fee will be applicable per offence.
If the Customer continues to exceed a speed of 110km or continues to exceed the posted speed limit, as determined by the Customer repeatedly ignoring the warnings of the telematics system fitted into the Vehicle, The company may impose a fee on the Customer in the amount of AU$300.
No animals are permitted in our vehicles, excluding guide dogs.
the rental company reserves the right to refuse any rental at its discretion.
Illustrations and text in any of our documentation, brochures or website are subject to change. Images are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by The company or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
Motorhome International is independent, not an agent for any particular car/motor-home rental company. Motorhome International arranges the rental between the client and the rental company. When you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental contract provided by the rental company and subject to local laws.