USA3 - Terms & Conditions
Rental Duration / Minimum days / Maximim rental period
Rental charges are based on rates in effect at pick-up day.
7 Nights minimum required.
Reservations & Payments
A 5% of the total booking is taken as a down payment via client's credit card after booking is confirmed. (minimum 250$).
For "One Way" rentals - additional 200$
FULL PAYMENT is due 55 days PRIOR to departure.
Rental charges may be paid by Visa or Master Card.
No refund for late pick up, early return, or unused pre-paid miles.
All rental charges are subject to sales tax by law.
Sales tax are 5%-18% depending on pick up location.
Tax must be pre paid for pre-paid items (rental days, miles packs etc..)
For extra items which are payable upon pick up (extra miles, generator use, personal kits, camping chairs, vehicle kit etc..)- the client must pay the tax at the rental location before collection the vehicle.
Note: Taxes are subject to change without notice. In case of a tax change, client will be informed and charged for the tax differences, even after the full payment was made.
A $1000 security deposit is required at the time of departure.
The rental company requires that the deposit be guaranteed by a major non-debit credit card only ! (such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express) with sufficient credit balance to cover this amount.
The security deposit may be charged on the customer's credit card on pick up, then refunded upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time. The deposit may take up to 8 weeks to be credited back to the customer's credit card. Currency conversion fees are client's responsibility.
NOTE: The rental company will not accept ATM / debit cards such as EuroCard / Check Cards or pre-paid credit cards.
The rental company will not accept Cash or traveller's checks, stored Value/pre-paid cards / gift cards.
The security deposit is not charged on the customer's credit card on pick up, but rather the amount is on 'hold'. Upon return provided that the rental vehicle is returned clean inside, undamaged and on time this 'hold' I removed.
Cancellation Charges55 days or more prior to pick up day -5% of total booking, minimum $250
54 to 20 days prior to pick up day - 15% of total booking, minimum $550
19 to 4 days prior to pick up day -25% of total booking, minimum $900
3 days or less prior pick up day OR- No Show - Full Rental Cost (100%)
One-way rentals - $200 plus tax (in addition to applicable fee) in any case of
cancellation. No exceptions.
In any case of cancellation a handling fee of 50$ will be charged in
addition to the cancellation fee apply.
If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever No refund available
If a bookings travel dates are amended to a lower season rates or less number of
days, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
Cancellation of Group Reservations - 5 vehicle or more : (per booking)
91 days or more prior to departure - $300
90 to 32 days prior to departure- $550
31 days or less prior to departure - $900
One-way rentals - $200 plus tax (in addition to applicable fee) in any case of cancellation. No axceptions.
In any case of cancellation, a handling fee of 50$ will be charged, in addition to the
If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever No refund available
If a bookings travel dates are amended to a lower season rates or less number of days, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
Note: cancellation notice must be in writing via e-mail or via fax and during working hours 9am-16 pm Europe time.
Amendments - Reservation changes
Any modification of reservations is subject to a 50 US$ amendment fee up to 14 days prior pick up date, 90 US$ for any change made 14-8 days prior pick up date, 150 US$ for any change made 7 days por less prior pick up date.
Plus - The following changes will result in a re-calculation of daily Rate. The rate will be calculated using the most current daily Rate for the pickup week and compared to the existing daily Rate the higher rate will be use.
* Change of client name
* Change of vehicle size
* Change of departure location
* Change in departure date
* Cancellation and rebooking
* Change in drop-off date
* Change in one-way drop-off location
Once confirmed, the following changes will not affect the daily Rate:
* Change in party size (unless larger vehicle type is required)
* Adding pre-paid items.
Any change is subject to availability and must be confirmed in writing.
After the booking is fully paid - There will be no refund if the rental is shortened or if the client wish to reduce miles packs or other pre-paid items.
Renter (contract signer) must be at least 21 years of age and in possession of valid identification (Driver's license, passport, etc.).
Additional drivers must be present at pick up of the rental vehicle and sign the rental agreement.
There is no charge for additional drivers.
Authorized drivers must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver's license and identification, and be listed on the rental agreement.
An International Driver's License is recommended, though not required.
A major non-debit credit card only ! such as Visa, MasterCard, Amex
(NO ATM/debit cards such as EuroCard) with available credit is
Cash or Travelers Checks are not accepted.
required for the Security Deposit of 1000$ and all charges paid at the counter.
The credit card must be issued to the signer or co-signer of the contract.
Times of Operation
Many locations are open 7 days a week Monday to Saturday 8:00 to 17:00, and Sunday from 8:00 to 16:00 April to September.
The El Monte RV locations are open 7 days a week 9:00 to 16:00 from October to March unless otherwise noted.
Location closing dates are subject to change.
Some locations have reduced hours of operation:
Dallas, NYC & Bellingham are closed Sundays all year.
DEN, MIA, ORD, PHX, SLC and SAN are closed Saturdays and Sundays all year.
YVR (Bellingham/Ferndale, WA):
Closed Saturdays and Sundays 01 October - 31 March
Open Monday - Friday from 9:00 to 17:00.
Closed every day from 25 January 2019/2020 through 10 February 2019/2020.
NYC (Linden, NJ) is Closed Saturdays and Sundays 01 October -31 March
San Francisco will be closed for pickups and returns on 1-3 September 2019
USA Holidays 2020
01 January New Year's Day
12 April Easter Sunday
25 May Memorial Day
04 July Independence Day
24 July Pioneer Day (SLC only)
07 September Labor Day
06 -08 Sept Burning Man (SFO only)
26 November Thanksgiving
24 December Christmas Eve
25 December Christmas Day
31 December New Year's Eve
01 January 2021 New Year's Day
USA Holidays 2021
01 January New Year's Day
4 April Easter Sunday
31 May Memorial Day
04 July Independence Day
23 July Pioneer Day (SLC only)
06 September Labor Day
05-07 Sept Burning Man (SFO only)
25 November Thanksgiving
24 December Christmas Eve
25 December Christmas Day
31 December New Year's Eve
01 January 2022 New Year's Day
Motorhome Rental Fleet
for Pick ups 1 April 2020- 31 October 2020:
* Standard models: C22, C25, C28, FS31, AF33 = Model Year 2019-2021
All class C motor homes with awnings, TV, DVD/CD, tether anchor for child seat.
All Class A vehicles with awnings, 2 TV's, DVD/CD, bunk beds,motorized overhaed bed.
* "Mighty" models : M22, M28, MS31, MA33 = Model Year 2018 or newer
The "Mighty" models vehicles are available at selected locations: LAX,LAS, SFO,DFW, MCO. All vehicles with awnings, TV, DVD/CD.
All MA34 Class A vehicles with awnings, 2 TV's, DVD/CD, bunk beds,motorized overhaed bed.
Model Year Definition
"Model Year" is a standard industry-wide term employed by US automobile and motor home manufacturers to designate annually changing vehicle designs. "Model Year" does not indicate the year in which a vehicle was manufactured. A 2019 design or "model", for example, may be manufactured anytime during the 2018 or 2019 calendar year. The model year of an El Monte RV vehicle is always indicated on the vehicle registration.
El Monte RV continuously strives to provide our international guests with the best possible motor home product in the industry. To this end, we purchase units only from top RV manufacturers who make them to our higher than average specifications. All motor homes are 100% walk-through, equipped with 110V generator, microwave oven, CD player, and modestly branded.
Motor Home Specifications
Motor home photos, drawings and floor plans provided are examples only. Sleeping capacities are recommendations only and do not mean like number of adults or full-size teenagers can be accommodated comfortably within every unit of a size category. Features and amenities are representative and may be changed, added to or deleted without notice. Bed sizes vary from unit to unit within size categories and cannot be guaranteed. Specific floor plans or models will vary within a category and cannot be reserved or guaranteed.
Motor Home Lengths
Motor home lengths will vary within each size category. Specific floor plans, models or lengths cannot be reserved or guaranteed. It is the wholesaler's responsibility to explain clearly in their brochure that motor home category designations do not represent the exact length. For example, if you designate the Class C Slide-Out model as an FS31, the lengths within this category may range from 30 feet to over 32 feet.
Vehicle Pick Up & Drop Off
Between 13:00 pm and 15:00 based on vehicle readiness.
* Clients may be picked up or arrive earlier on their own (except PAD).
* Latest motor home takeover time is 1 hour before station's official closing time.
* No refund if client picks up later than the booked day of departure.
* Vouchers must be in printed form due to occasional discrepancies between what is reserved by the company and what is booked by the customer. No 'paperless' vouchers are accepted.
Motorhome Drop Off:
Between 8:00 am and 11:00 am.
* A $50+ per hour penalty will be charged for returns after 11:00 am without prior authorization from rental station.
* Clients with an early flight must make prior arrangements with rental station for possible earlier transfer to airport. Clients may have to return by 11:00 am a day early to obtain courtesy shuttle, or arrange other means of transportation.
* Early returns: No refunds for any reason if rental is terminated by clients before the scheduled return date.
* Cleaning Fee - The Renter must return the rental vehicle in a clean condition.
A cleaning fee will be estimated and charged at $50 per hour if the rental company determines that the vehicle has not been returned in a clean condition.
* Recommendation: Due to heightened volumes of travel during holiday seasons we recommend that customers avoid beginning or ending their motor home rental on the days immediately before or after a holiday date. Otherwise, customers may experience airline delays, increased road traffic and possible delays at rental office.
Transfer Service information
Standard Transfer: Pick Up
Locations: Standard Transfer is available at: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC, SFO & YVR only.
Contact number: Client must call 1-800-367-6507* no later than 9:00 AM the morning of motor home takeover to schedule pick up time and confirm hotel entrance.
Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced.
Transfer time: Shuttle arrives between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM at designated hotels only. Note: Delays may occur during peak season, certain holiday or heightened security periods. No refunds are given for transfer delays.
NYC Midtown Manhattan transfers are charged $80 per direction.
Pickups occur after 1pm.
Vancouver (YVR) transfer:
Pick up from specific Vancouver airport area hotels only.
Pick up time after 12:00 pm.
Transfer shuttle departs El Monte RV station at approximately 11:00 am.
US Border Crossing Fee of $6 per person is required at the border. Clients should be aware that a visa to enter the United States may be required.
No transfer is offered to downtown SEATTLE or to SEATAC Airport.
Priority AM Departure (PAD) Transfer:
Available at the following locations: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orlando and New Jersey offices only.
PAD is restricted solely to those hotels designated as PAD hotels page.
Note: PAD cost is 155 $ per party
* Hotel notification: Client or agent must inform the rental company of PAD hotel no fewer than 7 days prior to vehicle takeover date.
* Contact numbers: PAD Transfer instructions.
A pre-recorded message is available at 1-800-337-2199 which instructs at what time and at which entrance clients should wait for transfer shuttle: It is recommended that clients also call 1-800-367-6507 the day before motor home takeover to confirm pick up time and hotel entrance.
* Transfer time: PAD Shuttle generally arrives between 7:15 am - 8:00 am
PAD transfer may begin as early as 6:45. Therefore it is necessary that clients call :
1-800-337-2199 beforehand for exact times.
* PAD surcharge: This option guarantees a departure-ready motor home by 11 am. Please indicate PAD hotel at time of booking, or A "Client Information" form is available to wholesalers for clients or agents to fill out and fax in advance of motor home takeover indicating PAD hotel.
There are no refunds for PAD surcharge if we do not receive PAD hotel information 7 days prior to pick up. No exceptions.
NOTE - We strongly recommend that clients spend their first night in the United States in a hotel. No transfers are provided for same day flight arrivals.
Standard Transfer: Return
* Locations: Return transfer is provided at: Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Orlando, New Jersey, San Francisco & Bellingham (Seattle / Vancouver).
NOTE: Transfer must be requested at least 10 days before pick up day.
Clients are requested to indicate at the time of booking how many persons will be traveling.
* Transfer time: Shuttle departs rental station between 8:00 am and 1:00 pm.
* Vancouver (YVR) transfer: Shuttle departs YVR location at approximately 10:00 AM. The standard STF will be charged.
Due to increased security and traffic, delays crossing into Canada are possible. The rental company is not responsible for any refunds of any type as a result of border crossing delays.
No transfer is offered for the downtown SEATTLE or SEATAC Airport areas
NOTE - No early flights should be booked on the last day of rental.
Self Arrivalarrange vehicle takeover time at these locations: Dallas, Las Vegas, Los Angeles,
for those clients who don't use the transfer service
Clients must call 1-800-367-6507* no later than the morning of scheduled pick-up to
Orlando, New Jersey, San Francisco & Bellingham.
* For all other locations clients must contact the individual rental locations. Local
telephone numbers are provided at the station page.
Even if clients arrange their own transfers, they still must call for time of vehicle readiness. Under no circumstances should clients arrive unannounced.
NOTE - Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed. Customers must use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone etc) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location .
Pick up time: After 1:00 pm, even if clients arrive earlier; subject to vehicle readiness.
*Clients may book PAD in advance which will guarantee a departure ready vehicle no later than 11:00, even if they arrive via self-transfer.
Clients using a cell phone to call the company toll-free number while in NYC, for example, for a pick up the next day in MCO would be connected to the NYC station.
Arrival Day - First Night at a Hotel
* Clients may only collect the motorhome on the same day that their flight arrives if:
1. Their flight arrives before 14:00 hours (2 PM).
2. They call the pick-up station after arrival to arrange a vehicle pick-up time
3. They arrive at the pick-up station no less than one hour before station's official closing time.
* Unless clients are able to meet ALL 3 of these conditions, they will not be able to collect the motorhome on the same day that their flight arrives.
* There will be NO transfer service for same day flight arrival. Clients will need to provide their own transportation at clients' own expense.
* Clients may NOT participate in the Priority AM Departure Program on the same day that their flight arrives.
Clients will receive a full orientation of their motor home, including client's responsibilities for maintenance and use. Orientation consists of a video in English, German, Spanish or Japanese introducing the general concepts of motor home use and safety tips, as well as a personal walk-around of motor home with the client by a qualified instructor.
Operator manuals are provided for clients to take with them in English and German. Additionally, clients receive from the rental station a regional campground directory and location map with directions to nearest supermarket and gas stations.
* Before signing the contract please check the vehicle from the inside and outside and make sure there are no damages or broken parts. If there is some damage, have it noted to the rental agent in writing.
* Make sure you have all the items you paid for, and that nothing is missing.
* Before the departure make sure you know how to operate all the motorhome systems, mechanicals and electrical: refrigerator, heating, air condition, water etc. If it's not clear, you may ask for explanations.
* Please ask for a map or directions to nearby campground and supermarkets for you to stock up on food and bottled water.
Public Liability Insurance (included in the daily rate)
The Public Liability Insurance covers a 3rd party collision in the event that the renter is at fault. The insurance has no deductible. The policy protects the rental company up to US$ 1,000,000 and the renter to Statutory Limits (state mandated minimum liability coverage which can be changed by a state anytime without notice - you find the current limits online). Liability Insurance has no deductible.
current limits can be checked under the following web-address:
SLI (Supplemental Liability Insurance)
The optional SLI coverage provides the customer with an increased limit of liability protection. SLI protects the renter and any authorized driver listed on the rental contract for up to US$ 1,000,000.00 toward covered Third party damage claims.
Premium VIP Coverage (included in the daily rate)
VIP includes secondary Comprehensive and Collision coverage for the rented vehicle with a deductible of US$ 1,000.00 per incident.
Coverage includes but is not limited to:
* Accidental damages to the vehicle (renter's or 3rd party's fault)
* "Uninsured Motorist" in case the renter is involved in a collision with a non-insured driver
* Windshield & glass damage
* Vehicle theft and fire (personal property and items in the vehicle are always excluded)
Security Deposit: US$1,000.00 (authorized on a major credit card)
No insurance coverage is provided (liability or comprehensive & collision) while traveling into non-authorized areas including but not limited to Death Valley (June -September), the inner cities of New York, Montreal and Quebec (Canada), Northern Canada, Alaska Highway, Alaska.
Customer has full legal and financial responsibility in case of:
No liability, comprehensive or collision insurance coverage is provided and the customer has full legal and financial
responsibility in case of:
* Damages to the interior of the vehicle;
* Personal injury, personal items and property;
* Carrying more passengers than having seat belts available;
* Deliberate or willful damages caused by the renter or his guests;
* Damages caused to the vehicle by abuse or misuse for illegal activities;
* Damages where the customer is charged by the local authorities for being careless;
* Damages caused by freezing, e.g. unit not winterized, or overheating of vehicle or systems;
* Driving the vehicle without a rental agreement, in breach or violation of the rental agreement;
* Damages and accidents caused under the infl uence of alcohol, drugs or any other controlled substance;
* Damages and injuries caused by neglecting proper operating procedures, e.g. incorrect fuel type or quality,
ignoring oil or coolant levels, air pressure, etc., by overloading the vehicle and/or exceeding the legal towing
capacity (towing limit is with proper equipment 1500 lbs. - enclosed trailers, boats or vehicles are not allowed);
* Damages where the customer is showing gross negligence or willfulness in failing to abide by the local laws
and rules or disregarding common sense resulting in damage to the vehicle or third-party vehicle or property;
* Operation of the vehicle by anyone not meeting the age requirements as shown on the rate sheet and rental
terms & conditions, or not listed on the rental agreement or not having a valid, original driver license; and
* Damages and losses due to "off -road" usage, or caused during travel in or thru restricted areas, following incorrect
GPS guidance, traveling into non-authorized areas including but not limited to the country of Mexico, the inner
cities of New York, Montreal and Quebec (Canada)
VIP-Vacation Interruption Protection
If the renter's motorhome vacation is interrupted by an automotive mechanical breakdown (not collision or damages caused by others or the renter) for more than 12 business hours after reporting such incident to El Monte RV/Mighty Campers, the renter will be reimbursed for the greater of: (1) the gross daily rate or (2) expenses for hotel rooms up to US$ 25 per person per night and car rental up to US$50 per day per motorhome up to a maximum of US$1500 per trip.
Defective comfort equipment such as radio, TV, DVD, CD, Bluetooth, USB, GPS,
WiFi, generator, batteries, air conditioner, refrigerator, heater, water heater, cruise
control, awning, slide-out, etc. are not considered mechanical breakdowns and
are excluded from VIP reimbursement. Refund of expenses is only possible with
* NOTE: The insurance information is provided only as a summary of the conditions. The rental agreement is binding and has priority over all other forms.
Reimbursements & Refunds
El Monte RV operates one of the newest fleets in the industry. Yet as motor homes are mechanical devices they may occasionally develop problems.
Refunds for Mechanical issues: In the event of a mechanical problem requiring repairs over $75 clients MUST call El Monte RV's On-The-Road Support for authorization. A toll free number is provided for assistance with problems, questions, etc.: at 1-800-367-4707.
Contact can be made also at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clients will be reimbursed on return and upon presentation of receipts and any replaced parts. No repair receipts over $75 will be reimbursed without prior authorization.
Note: $75 reimbursement does not apply to de-winterizing or winterizing cost.
Additional Items: In the unlikely event that items are missing from kitchen or personal kits, or for example if a client needs an additional blanket, or needs to replace an item for the motor home such as a water hose, sewer hose, etc., the client may purchase these items without prior approval and will be refunded at return upon presentation of valid receipts, provided they not total more than $75.
Breakdowns: In the event of a mechanical breakdown requiring the vehicle to be in repair for more than 12 hours, El Monte RV will refund lost-use rental charges only.
El Monte RV's maximum liability shall be for the refund of nightly rental charges or fractions thereof. No claims for rental car, hotel, telephone, etc., will be accepted.
Accompanying vehicles: Accompanying vehicles are not eligible for compensation.
Travel Agent Assistance: Contacting one's travel agency or tour operator will have no affect on the availability and/or speed of vehicle towing, repairs and/or replacement and no compensation of any kind will be given for communication costs incurred. Clients should be instructed by their travel agency/tour operator to coordinate the repair efforts only with El Monte RV's On-The-Road Support and to discuss compensation with the staff at the return rental counter.
Client Complaints: Client refund or reimbursement requests must be received in writing with all supporting documentation no later than 45 days after rental return to be eligible for compensation consideration. El Monte RV reserves the right to take up to 60 days after receipt of the complaint to investigate and respond. Please email claims to: email@example.com
On-The-Road Support Contact requirement: In order to be eligible for any lost-use refund during their rental period clients must contact El Monte RV's On-The-Road Support and start a Customer Service Log with them and must have followed all instructions, self-help tips, and/or recommendations for repairs.
Customers declining On-The-Road Support instructions, recommendations or appointments for repairs will not be eligible for lost-use compensation.
All vehicle lost-use issues must be verified by a pre-authorized repair facility and/or by location staff upon return and only after issues are validated will compensation be given.
Return: Without prior authorization in order to be eligible for a lost-use refund clients MUST return rental unit to return office as booked or a recovery fee and penalty will be charged.
Non-essential items: Radio, air-conditioning, refrigerator, generator, microwave, appliances, automatic step and cruise control, are not considered mechanical breakdowns.
Loss of Rental: Clients may be charged up to the amount of the deductible for company's lost rental revenue due to the down time based on an estimated time for motor home repair.
Cell-phone charges: Clients are responsible for all cell-phones charges. Clients are encouraged to use On-the-Road-Support's toll free number as the primary contact telephone number.
On the Road - Vehicle Support
* 24/7 On-The-Road Support (OTRS): 1-800-367-4707. Open every day during business hours and most holidays, and extended hours in peak season.
* Support staff may also be reached via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* In order to be eligible for any lost-use refund during the rental period client must have contacted El Monte RV's On-The-Road Support and start a Customer Service log with them and must have followed all instructions, self help tips, and/or recommendations for repair.
* On-The-Road Support is a courtesy service provided by El Monte RV for our customers. They are not authorized to determine refunds. Any refund consideration can only be made by the return location manager.
* In certain circumstances clients may be provided a replacement vehicle. El Monte RV, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
* In the event of an accident involving an El Monte RV rental vehicle, no matter who was at fault, El Monte RV reserves the right to determine if, where and when a vehicle exchange will take place.
* Should clients violate applicable laws or the terms and conditions by driving intoxicated, under the influence of drugs, or should they fall asleep at the wheel or drive negligently and the customer will be responsible for all costs involved in replacing, towing and repairing of damaged motor home. Client's financial responsibility includes but is not limited to the rental vehicle.
Client Contact Information
Standard Transfer: 1-800-367-6507*
PAD Transfer: 1-800-337-2199*
24/7 On-The-Road Support: 1-800-367-4707
* Toll Free Transfer Telephone numbers are area code directed. Customers must use a land based telephone (hotel, car rental, pay phone, etc.) in order to be directed to the correct pick up location. Cell phone users must use the direct telephone numbers for each location (see Location maps and hotel information pages).
Traffic Citations, Golden Gate Bridge, Toll Roads
Client is responsible for all traffic violations, fines, toll charges and/or citations incurred during the rental period.
Traffic Citations: Client may either pay the traffic citations themselves, or opt to hand the citation over to the rental office upon return for processing and payment. In addition to the citation amount clients will be charged a $25 administrative processing fee per infraction.
In the event of customer non-payment or failure to turn over any citations to El Monte RV, clients are responsible for the fine amount plus late penalties. Additionally, clients may be charged up to $250 per infraction for increased administrative processing.
Toll Roads / Golden Gate Bridge tolls: El Monte RV will charge the customer the amount of the toll PLUS an additional handling fee of up to $25 using the credit card we have on file. This service does NOT include traffic citations or parking infractions.
Florida Sun Pass Toll Lane Transponder:
Client can purchase at certain retailers which can be found at this link: www.sunpass.com
Maintenance and Use Responsibility
Client is responsible for routine maintenance while traveling (checking coolant, oil, tire pressure), as well as immediately reporting mechanical failures. Clients may be held responsible for mechanical damage due to negligence in operation and /or in performing normal maintenance. Tools for vehicle repair and tire change are not provided since clients are not authorized to make repairs.
Substitutions / Upgrade / Downgrade
The rental company makes every effort to provide the clients with the model reserved. However, the company reserves the right to substitute models which are similar, higher rated; or longer as necessary; i.e. a Class A vehicle may be substituted for a cab-over Class C model; a C28 may be substituted for a C22.
* No refunds for any reason (such as increased fuel consumption, ferry charges, campground fees, etc.) will be given due to increased length or size of motor home substituted.
* Should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be offered and accepted, liability will be limited to a refund of the price difference between the model booked and paid for and the model received at the time the booking was made. No refund will be given should a smaller or lower rated vehicle be requested by the client at pick up.
* No claims as to vehicle year will be considered unless clients have paid for and received a "Premier" unit. Should a Premier model not be available the company will be liable only for refund of the difference between the Premier and standard unit of similar type and length.
* Clients should take into consideration a larger unit may be substituted when pre-booking campgrounds.
* Clients should automatically reserve the next size motor home length when making ferry reservations.
GeneratorThe use of the generator is not required for normal vehicle operation. Customers have the option of being charged a per rental night fee for unlimited use, or a per hour fee calculated upon return. Charges are payable at the counter. Use of power outlets for charging phones, etc., are at clients own risk.
All motor home unit types are outfitted with a 110 Volt generator.
Prepaid generator charges upon vehicle return are non-refundable.
Fuel costs are client's responsibility. Gasoline tanks are generally full at pick up and must be returned full or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged; or if not full the gasoline tank must be returned at the same level as at takeover or the difference will be estimated and the clients charged.
No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption. Fuel consumption will vary according to where and how a vehicle is driven. No claims are accepted as to fuel consumption if client is upgraded to a larger unit.
LPG (Propane Gas) Information
The size of the LPG tank depends on the model:
In 22 - 27 models the tank holds 14 gallons(53 l);
in most Class A vehicles it holds 25 gallons (95 l).
Most people use about 5 gallons (19 l) per week.
If you need to refill your tank you can usually have this done at a campground and most truck stops.
Do not try to do this yourself: let trained personnel do it. Before they begin to fill your tank make sure the main LP gas valve is closed, and that all pilot lights and appliances are individually turned off.
When not individually turned off, automatic ignition appliances may continue to spark even when LP gas is turned off at the container. All propane tanks are designed to be filled to 80% capacity only to allow room for expansion.
DO NOT overfill. Overfilling can cause uncontrolled gas leaks.
Clients are restricted from traveling to certain regions due to road conditions, extreme weather, acts of God, security alerts and /or availability of support. Restrictions are subject to change without notice and are determined solely by The rental company.
Clients are responsible for knowing and following the travel restrictions and for informing themselves of possible changing conditions. The rental company , to the best of its ability, will provide clients as much information at time of pick up as possible but is not liable for any delays or detours client may encounter.
Violation of these travel restrictions voids insurance and coverage option under the terms and conditions of the rental contract.
Please note the following restrictions:
Off-road: Travel on non-public, unpaved and / or "logging" roads is not permitted at any time.
Death Valley: Traveling in or traversing Death Valley is not permitted in July and August. Ground temperatures can reach 140 F or 60 C. Clients may be required on pick up to sign and acknowledge Death Valley restrictions.
New York City / Manhattan: Travel is not permitted.
Alaska / Northern Canada: Travel is permitted at client's own risk. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs or lost use.
Ontario / Quebec: Due to the increased incidence of theft motorhomes are not allowed to be parked in the cities of Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City. We recommend leaving the motorhome parked on a campground and use taxis or public transportation. A higher deductible may apply for theft of motorhome. Details available at pick up location. Clients planning on traveling in these areas must inform rental station prior to departure.
Travel to Mexico- Travel is permitted at client's own risk and only with purchase of Mexico Auto Liability Insurance (MALI), available at all southwest locations. However, there is no reimbursement for repairs, lost use or deductibles for damage.
Vehicle Return: Clients who return the rental vehicle to any location other than the one booked and confirmed without prior authorization or who abandon the rental vehicle will be charged a recovery fee and penalty.
Travel during winter months is permitted. However, freezing conditions may occur in Spring and Fall at higher elevations and should be anticipated and precautionary measures taken. Clients are responsible for any damage due to systems freezing due to cold weather. As a precautionary measure, at certain locations water may be replaced by anti-freeze to prevent water systems from freezing.
Clients are then not allowed to use any water systems, including the toilet or shower, until they have traveled to consistently above zero temperatures. In the event the clients want to replace the anti-freeze with water the client may be charged up to$150 to re-winterize or de-winterize the vehicle.
Note: winterizing or de- winterizing cost, typically up to 150$, are responsibility of renter.
Travel in summer months and /or in extreme temperatures can strain motor home systems such as roof and dash air conditioners, generator and refrigerator. All motorhomes fleet maintained to accommodate all weather conditions; however, clients should be made aware that performance of motor home systems under extreme conditions cannot be guaranteed. Roof Air condition units will only cool the interior of the motor home up to a maximum of 20 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.
Luggage storage is available on a limited basis at the following locations: DFW, LAS, LAX, MCO, NYC, SFO, and YVR.
No guarantee of luggage storage is made for: DEN, MIA, ORD, PHX, SLC and San Diego.
To facilitate the pick up and drop off procedures, we recommend that clients carry their luggage in their vehicle. Soft-sided or collapsible bags are best for storage.
Luggage storage is at the client's own risk and is not available for one-way rentals.
Luggage capacity of courtesy shuttles is limited and may require clients with excess luggage or oversized items to store and later retrieve them from their hotel.
The rental company is not responsible for items left in the motor home or rental station after client's return and reserves the right to donate or dispose of them as it sees fit. Left items cannot be mailed to client.
Ferry reservations can be difficult to manage during high season. It is recommend that clients make a reservation for a bigger RV than originally booked, to avoid problems due to possible upgrades.
* There are no units designated in our fleet specifically as "Smoking" or "Non-Smoking".
* The rental company requests that there be no smoking while inside any of our rental units as it greatly increases the amount of time it takes for our staff to sufficiently clean and aerate the unit and items for the next party's use. However, since we are not able to regulate this restriction while the unit is in the hands of our clients, we are not able to guarantee that any unit will have a history that is entirely free of smoking.
* Pets are allowed. Client is responsible for all damage and may be surcharged for special cleaning.
* Please specify during booking if you would like to bring a pet.
* The rental company must be contacted a minimum of 7 days prior to pick up with pet transfer request. Transfer restrictions may apply due to size of cage and / or luggage capacity of transfer van.
Prices, policies and conditions as well as vehicle makes, models and sizes are subject to change without notice.
Motor home photos, drawings and floor plans provided are examples only. Sleeping capacities do not mean like number of adults or full-size teenagers can be accommodated comfortably. The features, bed sizes and amenities listed are representative and may be changed, added to or deleted without notice. Specific floor plans or models will vary within a category and cannot be reserved or guaranteed.
Motor home lengths will vary within each size category. Specific floor plans, models or lengths cannot be reserved or guaranteed. It is the wholesaler's responsibility to explain clearly in their brochure that motor home category designations do not represent the exact length. For example, if you designate the Class A Slide-Out model as an AS-32, the lengths within this category may range from 31 feet to over 34 feet.
Illustrations and text in our website are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by the rental company or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
Motorhome International is independent, not an agent for any particular car/motor-home rental company. Motorhome International arrange the rental between the client and the rental company. when you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental contract provided by the rental company and subject to local laws.