France 2 - Terms & Conditions
Minimum Rental Days
Pick up and drop off days are counted as one rental day
Between 23 December - 10 January - minimum 14 days required
All other seasons - 7 days minimum required
Reservations / Payments
Reservations of motorhomes must be confirmed by the rental company in writing and they are exclusively binding for vehicle groups, not for vehicle types.
A Down payment of 20% of total, Minimum 400 Euro is taken after booking is confirmed via international credit card Visa or Mastercard .
The rest of the payments are due and payable 55 days prior to pick up day via international credit card Visa or Mastercard or via bank transfer.
Note: For reservation made 55 days or less prior to pick up day - full amount is due with the booking confirmation.
55 days or more prior to pick up - 20% of total rental, Minimum 400 Euro
54-20 days prior to pick up - 50% of total rental,
19- 5 days before pick up - 80% of total rental,
Less than 5 days before pick up / Non show : 100%
* In any case of cancellation, a handling fee of 50 Euro will be charged, in addition to the cancellation fee.
If vehicle is returned early for any reason whatsoever No refund available
If a bookings travel dates are amended to a lower season rates or less number of days, the cancellation fee for the original booking will apply.
A cancellation of a booking MUST be made by the client in writing by e-mail or by fax and received at our office during operation hours.
Changes In Reservation
After the reservation has been confirmed, a charge of handling fee of 30 EUR will be applied per any change. This refers only to MINOR changes like adding items, or changing the pick up/drop off date in 1-2 days. Major changes like: changing dates, changing model, changing location, changing client's name would be considered as cancellation of the booking and will cause cancellation fees.
Changes may be made to a reservation confirmed to the Hirer from the date of reservation until at least sixty days before the agreed commencement of the rental period, as long as the Rental Firm has alternative capacity and the alternative booking corresponds in amount to the first.
Re bookings are only possible in the same calendar year.
A security deposit of 1800 EUR must be paid on pickup day by international credit card only - Visa or Mastercard credit card only. Debit cards or cash are NOT accepted !
The security deposit is refunded if the vehicle is returned clean inside, with emptied toilet tank and with no damage. Any extra costs incurred are deducted against the security deposit when the vehicle is returned.
Note - The security deposit is refunded to the credit card account up to 30 days after drop off.
Minimum age / Authorized drivers / Driving License
The Hirer and any other driver must be at least 21 years old and must have been in
possession of a Class B or comparable international driving licence for at least 3 years.
The Hirer must be in possession of a valid identity card or passport .
Please note that some of the vehicles have a total weight of more than 3.5 tones and that an appropriate Class C driving license is required for driving such vehicles.
In such a case, the Hirer must inform himself/herself in advance about the technically admissible gross weight of the vehicle offered to the Hirer.
If the vehicle has a total weight of more than 3.5 tones, the Hirer and the drivers must be at least 25 years old.
Note: The booking will be made on the name of the main driver who also must be the holder of the credit card for the deposit at pick up.
All depots are closed on Sundays and public holidays
* NOTE - public holidays may vary depending on the region and specific area.
Public Holidays 2020
1 January, 13 April, 1 May (Labor day), 08 May, 21 May, 1 June, 14 July, 15 August, 01 November, 11 November, 25 and 26 December (Christmas)
Public Holidays 2021
01 January, 05 April, 01 May (Labor Day), 08 May, 13 May, 24 May, 14 July, 15 August, 01 November, 11 November, 25-26 December (Christmas).
Arrival Day - First Night at a Hotel
Clients who arrive by international flights are not allowed to drive a motorhome on flight arrival day. In this case clients must overnight in a motel/hotel.
Getting to the Rental Depots
Arrival to/from the rental center are at the client's expense.
On-Line Check In : please note you must do Online Check In (Speed-pass) and call the rental location at least 3 working days prior your Pick-Up to arrange a suitable time for the vehicle Pick-Up or the transfer (if booked).
Pick-Up and Drop Off
Pick up and drop off are possible only in the rental depots.
No pickup and drop off on Sunday and holidays (see the above list)
Pick up Hours:
Paris - Tuesday to Friday 14:00-16:30. Saturday 09:00-11:00 .Monday closed.
Rouen - Tuesday to Saturday 14:00-17:00. Monday closed.
Nantes- Tuesday to Saturday 14:00-16:00. Monday closed.
Poiters - Tuesday to Saturday 14:00-16:00. Monday closed.
Caen - Monday to Saturday 14:30-17:00.
Lyon - Monday to Friday 14:00-16:00, Saturday closed.
* Saturday Pick up is possible on request and with additional charge of 64 EUR.
The renter is obliged to participate in a comprehensive vehicle instructions tour at the rental station.
Any resulting delays of receipt and costs are at the expense of the renter.
* Before signing the contract please check the vehicle from the inside and outside and make sure there are no damages or broken parts. If there is some damage, have it noted to the rental agent in writing.
* Make sure you have all the items you paid for, and that nothing is missing.
* Before the departure make sure you know how to operate all the motorhome systems, mechanicals and electrical: refrigerator, heating, air condition, water etc. If it's not clear, you may ask for explanations.
* Please ask for a map or directions to nearby campground and supermarkets for you to stock up on food and bottled water.
Drop Off Hours :
Paris - Tuesday to Friday 09:00-10:00. Saturday 09:00-11:00. Monday closed.
Rouen - Tuesday to Saturday 09:00-11:00. Monday closed.
Nantes- Tuesday to Saturday 09:00-10:00. Monday closed.
Poiters - Tuesday to Saturday 09:00-11:00. Monday closed.
Caen - Monday to Saturday 09:15-10:30 .
Lyon - Monday to Friday 09:00-10:00. 10-25 August 2019
* Saturday Drop Off - is possible on request and with additional charge of 64 EUR.
* The Vehicle must return clean on the inside & with emptied toilet tank, Otherwise the client will be charged for the cleaning costs of at least 204 EUR + 159 EUR for dumping.
* The return of the vehicle is confirmed by the signature of the officer of the rental station on the return report. Without that signature, all damage to the vehicle is to be borne by the renter, especially if the vehicle is left at the station outside the business hours.
Fuel and operating costs are to be borne by the renter.
The vehicles are handed with full fuel tank and must be returned with full fuel tank, otherwise there will be a charge of 2 EUR per liter of diesel + handling fee if necessary.
The client will be charged of 28 EUR for every extra hour or part of an hour (and maximum daily rate for every day late) of being late, and also for all other losses caused by the delay.
There will be no refund for early return.
Return Checklist, Damage Report
Any damages detected by the renter on the vehicle or its equipment after the start of the rental period must be immediately reported to the rental station, or at the latest, when the vehicle is returned.
The renter cannot assert any claims if the underlying damages of such claims are not established in the checklist in writing and in detail.
Prohibited Use, Duties of Care
The Hirer is responsible for the vehicle rented by him/her during the time from receiving the keys until their return.
The hirer and the authorized drivers are strictly prohibited from:
* using the vehicle for a participation in motor sport events or in tests;
* using the vehicle for the transport of inflammable, explosive, corrosive, fi re-promoting, poisonous or other dangerous substances;
* using the vehicle for the commercial transport of passengers;
* hiring the vehicle out to a third party;
* smoking in the vehicle. In case of a failure to comply with this prohibition, the Hirer must pay to the Rental Firm, in addition to the rental charge, the costs for cleaning, ventilation and decontamination as well as a loss of profit caused by a temporary non-availability of the vehicle for rental caused by such circumstances;
* transporting any pets without the prior express approval of the Rental Firm. In case of a failure to comply with this prohibition, the Hirer must pay to the Rental Firm, in addition to the rental charge, the costs for cleaning, ventilation and decontamination as well as a loss of profit caused by a temporary non-availability of the vehicle for rental caused by such circumstances;
* using the vehicle for any illegal purposes;
* transporting a major number of passengers than specified in the vehicle registration document;
* loading the vehicle beyond its admissible total vehicle weight;
* hooking a trailer or a vehicle up to the motorhome;
* using the vehicle for driving on rough terrain or on paths that cannot be used without a danger of damage to the motorhome and/or its tyres.
The vehicle must be treated carefully and appropriately and kept properly locked while it is parked, even if for a short time only. The Hirer must keep the vehicle documents in a safe place on his/her own person.
The Hirer must check oil and water levels and tyre pressure. He/she is obliged to check regularly whether the vehicle is in a roadworthy condition.
The Hirer undertakes to treat the vehicle with all due care and to observe the recommendations for utilization given by the manufacturer and the Rental Firm.
In case of a failure to observe the provisions of the above item, the Rental Firm is entitled to terminate the rental contract automatically, with immediate effect and with-out any further formalities due to the Hirer‘s fault. Moreover, the amounts of cover under the insurance are excluded.
We draw the Hirer‘s attention to the dimensions of the vehicle that will require increased attention for certain maneuvers and may make it impossible to pass certain traffic infrastructures (bridges, tunnels, etc.) with a limited height.
What to Do in the Event of an Accident
After an accident, theft or fire damage (even in case of a minor damage) that the vehicle is affected by or involved in, the Hirer must carefully comply with the following regulations - otherwise, he/she will forfeit any insurance and will be obliged to fully settle the damage:
* The Hirer must report the matter to the police and inform by telephone the rental station mentioned in the rental contract or the McRent Hotline under 03 88 82 68 25 not later than in the course of the working day following the day of the respective incident.
The Hirer must not recognize any claims of the adverse party.
* Even in case of a minor damage, the Hirer must submit a written report to the Rental Firm, stating the circumstances, the date, the place and the time of the case of damage as well as the names and addresses of the witnesses and persons involved.
After an accident, the Hirer must submit a written report, stating the circumstances, the date, the place and the time of the case of damage as well as the names and ad-dresses of the witnesses and persons involved, their policy numbers and the names of their insurance companies as well as the registration numbers of the vehicles involved
These documents are to be handed over to the Rental Firm upon return of the vehicle at the latest.
After a theft of the vehicle, the Hirer must be able to return the keys, otherwise he/she
will forfeit the insurance cover and must refund the total value of the vehicle to the Rental Firm. A document entitled "Dclaration de sinistre - aide a la rdaction du constat amiable“ (European accident report) is handed over to the Hirer upon delivery of the vehicle. The Hirer must strictly observe the provisions of that document.
Our vehicles are covered by a third party motor insurance valid in the countries of the European Union, in Switzerland and Norway.
This insurance covers motor vehicle third-party liability without limitation for bodily
injury, to an amount of 100,000,000 Euro for damage to property and economic loss, 1,530 Euro thereof for economic loss only, and to an amount of 1,500,000 Euro for damage caused by inexcusable gross negligence. This insurance does not apply to bodily injury of the driver.
Damage to the vehicle (fire damage, climatic events, theft, damage, damage caused by accident and technological disasters) are covered by the insurance minus a gross excess of 1,800 Euro to be borne by the Hirer. The amount of that excess is reduced to a gross amount of 500 Euro in case of breakage of glass and of 380 Euro for every vehicle damaged by natural disasters.
The gross amount of the excess is reduced from 1,800 Euro to1,000 Euro when the Hirer chooses the option "reduction of the excess" at the price according to the current price list before receiving the vehicle.
We draw your attention in particular to the dimensions of the vehicle that will require
increased attention for certain maneuvers and may make it impossible to pass certain traffic infrastructures (bridges, tunnels, etc.) the maximum height of which is shown in advance according to applicable law.
ATTENTION: In case of damage to the vehicle caused by a failure to observe height limits, the admissible total vehicle weight, by a poor assessment of the dimensions and, in general, in case of damage to the superstructure (body shell) of the vehicle hired-out to you, you are liable for all repair costs within the maximum liability limit for that kind of damage.
The insurance does not cover:
* damage to high part of the motorhome (roof, alcove, as well as all parts of the vehicle in a height of more than 2.50 m);
* car radio;
* personal effects;
* damage to the interior of the vehicle;
* frost damage.
The vehicle is only insured for the contractually agreed rental period. After the expiry of that period, the Hirer must take care of any damage and incident that the vehicle is affected by or involved in personally, unless an extension was expressly accepted by the Rental Firm in advance.
Moreover, the insurance cover is excluded and the Hirer is liable for fully settling any damage in the following cases:
* in case of damage caused by intent or fraud on part of the Hirer or the driver;
* when damage is caused while the Hirer is under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
* if the Hirer or the driver have given false information and were not of the required age or were not in the possession of the legally prescribed required and valid license and permits;
* if the Hirer or a driver to whom the Hirer has let the vehicle has committed hit-andrun driving;
* when the Hirer violated duties unless the breach of duty has not had any influence on the determination of the cause of the damage and the amount of the damage;
* when the damage was caused as a consequence of a use of the vehicle in breach
* when any damage is cause by a drive who was not named upon renting the vehicle;
* when damage is caused by a failure to observe the vehicle dimensions;
* when damage is caused by a failure to observe the regulations as to additional load and total vehicle weight.
According to the principle of limitation of penalty claims to the author, the Hirer is solely liable for any infringements under penal law that are committed during the time he/she has the vehicle in his/her possession. He/she must pay the respective fines. The Hirer is jointly and severally liable, together with the drivers, for the conditions of the contract and its appendices
In case of mechanical, electrical and/or electronic breakdown/defects or of accidents as a consequence of which the vehicle cannot be operated, you must contact by telephone the rental station mentioned in the rental contract or the McRent Hotline under 03 88 82 68 25 within 24 hours.
You will receive the assistance service of the manufacturer that is included in the price of your rental contract and the conditions of which are set forth on the vehicle information sheet.
In case of technical defects, our liability is limited to the assumption of the costs of the transport back home of the Hirer and of the passengers not exceeding limits of the number specified in the vehicle registration document.
It covers the assistance for the vehicle and the persons transported in case of a mechanical defect or an accident.
The assistance is applicable in all countries specified on the international insurance card. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Hirer has the option to choose an additional assistance service as described in the leaflet "Conditions dassurances et dassistance" (additional accident and break-down cover) that is handed over to the Hirer together with his/her contract. Costs: according to the current price list.
In case the Hirer detects any technical problems in the superstructure (body shell) of the vehicle, he/she must go to the nearest authorized Dethleffs dealer. A list of these
authorized dealerships is handed over upon receipt of the vehicle.
Any repairs that are necessary in order to maintain the vehicle in a good working and roadworthy condition during the rental period may be ordered by the Hirer without consultation up to an amount of 150 Euro , including labor costs and all repairs together.
Repairs going beyond this are subject to the prior consent of the Rental Firm.
The Rental Firm will bear the repair costs against submission of the original invoices,
unless such repair becomes necessary due to a fault or negligence of the Hirer.
For security and insurance reasons, the motorhome may only be used for journeys within the European Union, in Switzerland and Norway. Any journeys to third countries are subject to the prior written approval of the Rental Firm. In any case, the respective countries must be stated on the valid international insurance card.
Traveling East Europe
Any trips to East European countries are subject to a prior approval and special insurance, and requires the signature of the client at the time of pick up, that he MUST park the vehicle only in organized places.
The client has to take in consideration that the road assistance in case of technical problem might be more problematic in East Europe.
All vehicles are non-smoking vehicles.
In case of a failure to comply with this prohibition, the Hirer must pay to the Rental Firm, in addition to the rental charge, the costs for cleaning, ventilation and decontamination as well as a loss of profit caused by a temporary non-availability of the vehicle for rental caused by such circumstances.
The transport of pets is only permitted with the express consent of the Rental Firm. Cleaning expenses, which result from non-observance, have to be paid by the hirer.
In every refueling and every time before you start out on a journey, please switch the gas-fuelled equipment off.
External temperatures of 0 C (32 Fahrenheit) or below might cause the pipes to freeze. Under weather conditions like these, the vehicle will have to be permanently heated.
Please observe the instructions as to the frost protection device, which protects the boiler against frost. If the vehicle is not sufficiently heated, the frost protection device discharges the water from the boiler in order to prevent the boiler walls from breaking.
Please ask for more information at the rental depot.
Illustrations and text in our website are a representation only of the vehicle depicted. Variances in the vehicles offered for rental may occur due to substitutions made by the rental company or modifications and/or upgrades to the vehicle design made by the manufacturer.
Motorhome International is independent, not an agent for any particular car/motor-home rental company. Motorhome International arrange the rental between the client and the rental company. when you pick up the vehicle, you must sign a rental contract provided by the rental company and subject to local laws.
Original Rental Conditions, (PDF version)