MotorHome International RV Motorhome Rentals WorldWide  
The Freedom to Travel MotorHome Rental America MotorHome Rental Europe MotorHome Rental Pacific MotorHome Rental Africa MotorHome Rental Asia
More In America:
Motorhome Rental in America
FAQ -RV in America
Special Deals In America
Travel Links In America
Travel Ideas in America
Itineraries In America
Customer Reviews - America
Quotation Form

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

 America RV Rentals

Is there a minimum amount of time that we have to rent?

Usually the minimum rental is 7 nights.


Is there a maximum amount of time we are allowed to rent?

No- however there are conditions attached to long-term rentals.


What kind of petrol consumption will we get?

Please remember that the cost of fuel in North America is about one third of the cost in the UK.

Mileage you will get per gallon depends on the size of the motorhome, your speed and the driving conditions, i.e. whether the road is flat or hilly. Generally, you might expect to get between 7 and 15 miles per gallon.


Do I need a special driver's license to drive a motorhome?

All you need is to be 21 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license.

No special endorsement is needed.


Is it difficult to drive a motorhome?

Motorhomes handle much like a car, especially the "C" class which has a van chassis.

Are motorhomes difficult to hook up?

Can you plug in an electric iron or a hair dryer? Then understand you plug in your motorhome in just the same way. Can you fix a garden hose to the tap? Then you'll have no problem connecting your motorhome to mains water. But to be on the safe side, at departure you will be given a 30-60 minute familiarization tour of the vehicle and learn how to hook it up to mains water, electricity and, on occasion, waste disposal and how to operate appliances; you will also be shown an instruction video at most rental centres.


Does the motorhome come equipped with pots and pans?

No, but we you can rent bedding sets and cookware.


Does the motorhome come with a TV, VCR or stereo?

There is an AM/FM radio, often with a cassette player, in the dash. Some RV models come with TV built-in or VCR.


Are there rollout awnings on the motorhome?

No. We suggest you bring a canopy if you need shade or check with the RV park if you are staying in one.


Is there a limit to how many people can ride in the motorhome?

A Standard motorhome can hold a family up to 4-5 persons. A Large motorhome can hold a family up to 8 maximum for travelling.
Because of the various different Federal, State and Provincial laws we recommend customers ALWAYS adhere to the following:

·         * Never exceed the maximum capacity as posted in the actual vehicle you will be using. Maximum capacity includes the vehicle, all fluids, all occupants and their gear

·         * All passengers should use the provided seatbelts. The total number of seatbelts will vary according the vehicle and according to the floor plan of the actual vehicle you are using.

·         * Areas designed only for sleeping should not be occupied while the vehicle is in motion.

·         * The vehicle should be properly secured prior to travel. This includes locking the doors and dead-bolting them where applicable. Stow the entry step and secure the outside compartments

We ask that you use good judgment and prudence in your decisions.

Are there facilities close to the rental center where we can purchase supplies, propane and dispose of holding tank contents?

The staff at the rental centre will be glad to direct you to the closest shopping center, fueling facilities and waste treatment centre.


Can we leave our luggage at the rental location?

Often this is not a problem, but space is often restricted and it may not be an option. Anything left at the rental centre is at your own risk. We always recommend you take soft side luggage/barrel bag style/ruck-sack so they can stay with you and be easily stored in the motorhome.


Are we allowed to travel into Canada (or vice versa)?

US registered RV's may enter Canada and return to the US and Canadian registered RV's may enter the US and return to Canada without problem. One way rentals between the two countries are not allowed. Canadian residents are not allowed to rent a US registered vehicle in the US and enter Canada.


Are we allowed to travel into Mexico?

Travel into Mexico with a motorhome is generally NOT allowed, however there are some special cases where specials conditions apply.

Can we travel one way to our destination or do we have to travel round trip?

One Way reservations are available between most rental centres by advance reservation only and are subject to availability and some restrictions. Drop off  fee apply. ONEWAYS BETWEEN THE USA AND CANADA ARE NOT ALLOWED.


Is it possible to travel in the winter in the colder areas of the U.S.?

Yes, however, in locations with harsh winter weather, motorhomes are "winterised" from approximately November to March. This means the water and holding tanks are drained, and filled with anti-freeze. This will prevent the tanks and pipes from freezing and bursting.

You will need to exercise extreme care while travelling in a "de-winterised" motorhome during frigid weather. You will need to run the heater at all times to protect the tanks and pipes from freeze damage, or in extreme cases you would need to put anti-freeze in the water and holding tanks (by doing so, you could only use the toilet). If the pipes or tanks were damaged from freezing, it is considered negligent damage and you would have to pay for the repairs. If you have any more questions on the rental policies during winter, please contact the rental centre where your trip would originate. They can provide you with specific information.


Is it safe to drink the water from the motorhome tank?

No, we do not recommend this. It is difficult to know if the water is potable when you fill the tank at a variety of locations. We recommend you use bottled water for drinking and cooking. The water from the tank is fine for washing and bathing.


What if I am involved in an accident?

You must notify the rental company within 24 hours of an accident and make a full report in writing as well as file a police report - even if no injury was sustained.


What kind of power supply does a RV have?
There is either a V8 or a V10 engine. The refrigerator, microwave, stove and high output 2- or 3-burner range are operated with propane gas. The power for the air conditioner is supplied during driving by the engine and when the engine is off it is supplied by an outside 110V power supply or by a generator.


What kind of fuel does a RV need?
There are fuel tank capacities depending on the model ,usually between 35 gallons (133 liters) and 75 gallons (284 liters). The RV needs unleaded 89 octane.


What is the average fuel use of a RV?
A van needs approx. 20 liters and a motorhome approx. 30 liters.


Why do RVs need so much fuel?

Because of its weight (between 4 and 6 tons) and its size. The overall height is

between 110 inches (280 cm) and 144 inches (366 cm) and the overall width between 76 inches (193 cm) and 102 inch (259 cm). The overall length is between 17 feet (516 cm) and 32 feet (960 cm).


Gas mileage

*  22 ft 8-11 miles/gallon: 18-28 liter/100 km

*  25 ft 7-10 miles/gallon: 23-33 liter/100 km

* 32 ft 6-8 miles/gallon: 25-35 liter/100 km (&Mac247;170 per tank)

Feul Average Cost

As of August 2012, the United States average price of self-serve regular unleaded

gasoline was Around $3.5/gal


What does RV stand for?
RV means recreational vehicle.


How can I save money and get a special entrance fee for Nationalparks?

Buy the "America the Beautiful pass".

It is available at the park entrances and costs $80 per year. 

Without that card you would have to pay $10-$15 per entry.

For more information:   

Can we make a reservation for campsites inside the national parks?
There are 25,700 campsites in 548 campgrounds found at 77 areas of the National Park System. These campsites can accommodate most every camping style from tent camping and recreational vehicle spaces to more primitive types of camping such as backcountry.
America’s public lands not only provide the scenic beauty that Recreational Vehicle (RVs) enthusiasts seek, but may include RVready campgrounds and sanitary pump-out stations as well as hook-ups. Also, look for special RV parking sites at many public recreation sites. IN the main, however, National Park sites will not have electrical, water or sanitation hook up.
You should check in advance that their RV is permitted... some parks and camping areas have length restrictions on motor homes and RV's. You  should check with the destination ahead of time for any restrictions and to avoid disappointment.
Hours, fees and seasonal restrictions may vary from site to site. For detailed information National Park and the camping facilities it provides, clients are advised to check out the website of the individual Park.
You can very easily make reservations on-line for your favourite National Parks at

Can I stay overnight in a Motorhome?

Since the motorhomes are Self Contained it would be possible to overnight anywhere; but it would not be legal. Motorhomes may overnight at RV Parks, Motorhome Campsites or at roadside "Rest Areas".

* Connecting the motorhome to campsite facilities requires no technical expertise.


Campgrounds & RV Parks 

*  There are approximately 16,000 campgrounds in the U.S. half of which are private and the rest which are in national and state parks and forests. Sites can be found outside major cities, in rural areas, and near popular attractions.

*  Information on Campgrounds and RV Parks can be found in the Links and also in Rand McNally Road Atlas, KOA Kampground Directory, Trailer Life  Campground Guide, etc.


How much does it cost to stay in campgrounds?

Campground rates vary based on time of year, their location in relation to cities or major attractions, whether they are National/State Park or private campgrounds and what facilities they offer. They also vary according to the number of passengers in your motorhome. Generally you can expect to pay a base rate (two passengers) between $10 and $15 per night at a State or National Park facility and around $30-$35 per night for a regular private campground. Be aware that campgrounds close to major cities, near major attractions or in more isolated areas (ie Florida Keys) you may be looking at $45-$60 per night. Extra person rates are, on average, around $2 per night.


What kind of facilities might a campground offer?

A partial list of commonly found facilities would include: electric, water, waste disposal hook-ups, washer, dryer, swimming pool, playground, BBQ pits, on-site convenience store.


Camp-Site Information

* It is always wise to check the on availability of sites long before you begin your vacation.

* Campground sites at National Parks and other commonly visited vacation/travel spots can sometimes reach capacity 5-6 months in advance.

* Not every Campground allows all sizes of Motorhomes. Most sites that can accommodate large size motorhomes make a distinction between those that are up to 25 feet and those that are larger. Please keep this in mind when making reservations.

* A great many National Parks do not have electrical, water, & sewer hook-ups.

* The type of site needed will depend on what side of the parking space the hook-ups are located. The corresponding areas on our units are all at the rear (Sewage and electrical) or near the middle (Fresh water and LPG).

* It is always better to get a site that is too big rather than too small. Please take the maximum range of length and possible upgrades into consideration when making campground reservations.

* Campground facilities vary greatly dependant on many factors, however a partial list of facilities commonly found at many campgrounds would include: electric, water, and sewage hook-ups, washing machines and dryers, swimming pools, recreation rooms, playgrounds, and on-site convenience stores.

* Prices for motorhome campsites vary considerably; $15-$45 per night on average (though prices may be higher or lower in some areas). The cost depends on different factors at different sites.

* Many sites base their prices on the size of the space needed to park the unit (i.e. under 25ft, 25ft-29ft, over 30ft, etc.).

* The other dominant factor is the season. The busier the season, the higher price.

* Whether or not the site is equipped with hook-ups for electrical, water, sewer, etc may also effect the cost.


Are there any size restrictions on campgrounds or parking lots?
There may be some campgrounds that will not allow RVs above an overall length of approx. 25 ft.

Is it necessary to make reservations for campgrounds?
Depending on season and location it may be necessary to make reservations in advance, especially during the summer months and for points of special interest e.g. National Parks, Theme Parks, etc.


Good Sam Club
America's Largest RV Owners Organization.
10% discount at 1,700+ Good Sam affiliated RV Parks and Campgrounds in the U.S. and Canada .Membership costs 19$ per year.

Passport Of America

As a Passport America Member you can stay at over 1500 campgrounds across the United States, Canada and Mexico (with new ones joining weekly) at 50% off the regular nightly rate. Membership costs 51$ per year.


AAA offers door-to-door directions and maps for any of your travel needs. Also TripTik travel planner including driving directions, detour and construction information, road closures, rest stops, points of interest and discount in campsites & tourists attractions.

Which options do I have to call overseas? There are different options:

* Coin calls from public phones

* Collect calls. To place a collect call simply press '0' to speak to an operator

* Prepaid Phone Cards which can be purchased at grocery stores, gas stations and convenience stores

* Chargeable Phone Cards


Check list
Spices - cooking oil - bottled water - coffee - sugar packets - syrup - utensils - tablecloth - coffee filters - napkins - trash bags - charcoal - hot choc mix - boxed juices - aluminum foil - matches - flashlight - beach chairs - lantern - batteries - toilet paper - sunscreen lotion - first aid kit - games - Kleenex - books etc.



Home Page
Contact Us
Motorhome Rental
Get a Quote
Motorhome Specials
Europe Long Term Rentals
America Long Term Rentals
Motorhome Information
FAQ and Motorhome Tips
Motorhome Travel Links
Motorhome Itineraries
Camping Europe Online
Customer Reviews
About Us
created by