MotorHome International RV Motorhome Rentals WorldWide  
The Freedom to Travel MotorHome Rental America MotorHome Rental Europe MotorHome Rental Pacific MotorHome Rental Africa MotorHome Rental Asia
More In Europe:
Motorhome Rental in Europe
Discover Europe with a Motorhome
FAQ - RV in Europe
Special Deals In Europe
Itineraries In Europe
Travel Links In Europe
Customer reviews - Europe
Quotation Form

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

 Europe Motorhome Rentals



Is it difficult to drive a motorhome?

Motorhomes handle much like a car, especially the "C" class which has a van chassis.


Are motorhomes difficult to drive or slow to accelerate?
Modern motorhomes handle very much like a car and have enough power that they accelerate as quickly as many cars.


Do I need a special drivers license to drive a motorhome?
Generally you will need your national license and also an international driving license.


Are motorhomes complicated to hook up to campsite facilities?
Connecting the motorhome to campsite facilities requires no technical expertise. You will receive instruction on these connections at the time of pick up.


Can I rent a camper with automatic transmission?
99% from all Europian campers and motorhomes are manual transmissions.

Does the motorhome come with a TV? GPS?

In most locations in Europe there is an AM/FM radio, often with a cassette playe or CD player, in the dash. In some locations you can rent a TV or GPS system. (extra charge) 


Are there rollout awnings on the motorhome?

In some of the models.


What type of gas mileage can I expect from the motorhome?
While gas mileage varies greatly depending on travel conditions, the approximate is:

23-16 miles per US gallon : 10-15 litres/100 km


What type of fuel does a motorhome use?
Most of the motorhomes in Europe are powered by DIESEL engines.
1 litre diesel costs around 1-1.5 Euro
Check this site for Current Fuel Prices in Europe:



What kind of power supply does a motorhome have?
All equipment (for example, heater, freezer, refrigerator, lights), which are permanently attached to the vehicle, work even if the vehicle is not connected. These equipment are using liquid gas and backup batteries to operate. Batteries last 2 days and can be charged up by driving. You cannot operate your own 220-230 V appliances, while the vehicle is not connected to exterior grid.


How do I get to the rental location?
Usually our depots can be reached by public transports or more easily by taxi. Optional private transfers from designated areas can be arranged upon request.


Is luggage storage available at the location?

Yes, usually luggage storage is available at all locations. Not applicable in case of One-Way rental.


What if I am involved in an accident?

You must notify the rental company within 24 hours of an accident and make a full report in writing as well as file a police report - even if no injury was sustained.


Are grocery and other facilities available near the rental station?
The location staff will be happy to provide you with this information


Campgrounds Information - Links



What facilities will I find at campgrounds?
Campground facilities vary greatly dependant on many factors, however a partial list of facilities commonly found at many campgrounds would include: electric and water, washing machines and dryers, swimming pools, recreation rooms, playgrounds, and on-site convenience stores.


How much can I expect to pay per night for a campsite?
Campground rates vary based upon time of year, facilities, and location. Based upon these criteria you can expect to pay between 15 Euro and 40 Euro  per night.


Is it necessary to make reservations for campsites at campgrounds?
In some seasons and at some locations it may be necessary to make advance reservations. This is especially true during high season travel and at very popular tourist destinations.


Is it possible to camp in the wild?
Yes. However we do not recommend it for security reasons.


Are there dump stations for the waste water tank in every town or do we have to go to a camping ground to fill up and empty water tanks?

You can empty the gray water to sewage system, which are located in gasoline stations, etc. Toilet tank can be empties at regular toilets or at camping grounds.


Can I rent a motorhome from one city and return it to another?
Usually when you rent a motorhome in Europe, you must return the vehicle
to the pick up station. A round trip is recommended.

Exceptions: Some location allow one-way rentals (France, Spain & Scandinavia)


When do we have to book to be sure to get a RV?

Earlier you book the better. Usually, by end of June, we have received majority of our annual bookings, so if you have definite dates that you need to travel, You should book before end of June. if you are flexible with dates, you can also book later.


Autobahn tolls  / "vignette" sticker is necessery
In Switzerland you pay an annual motorway tax, even if you're only using the motorways for an hour or two. A vehicle sticker, or vignette, must be displayed on the windscreen by all vehicles. Of course, if you don't need to use a motorway you don't need to pay, although it's difficult to cross the country without doing so.

(in 2003 costing CHF40 for vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes maximum total weight)


If you intend to use Austria motorways and expressways you vehicle must display a motorway tax sticker (vignette). These stickers, valid for a year, two months or 10 days, can be purchased at many petrol stations close to the border in neighbouring countries, at the frontier in Austria, or in AMTC offices.

(Cost 2008 for a car 10 days 7.7 Euro or 2 months 22.2 Euro.)

Vehicles over 3.5 tons maximum weight :

You have to buy a "GO-Box". This is a small tool in the size of a cigarette box and works similar to a prepaid telephone card. You have to fix it at the windscreen according to the instruction sheet handed over with the GO-Box. You pay 80,00 Euro divided in 5,00 Euro service fee and 75,00 Euro credit. When you ride on the Austrian highway the mileage will be automatically credited to your account. If your credit is running low, the box gives a certain signal and you have to fill up your account (only in 50, 00 Euro Steps).

Please note: The owner of the Austrian highways controls the use of the GO-Box very rigorously. If you are stopped and you do not have a GO-Box or no credit left you have to pay a fine of 220,00 Euro. If you refuse to pay the fine you could even be arrested.

You should buy the GO-Box before entering Austria. At some gas stations along the German highways near Austria you can see signs "GO Vertrieb". Here you can buy the GO-Boxes. Mostly only Austrian credit cards are accepted so you will have to pay cash. Please ask the staff there for more detailed information.

The GO-Box has to be returned to an official GO-Box sales point before you return the vehicle. If there is a rest amount on your account you will get it back there.
Slovenia - From 1 July 2008 onwards, purchase of a vignette is obligatory for use of a toll roads with a vehicle whose permissible maximum weight does not exceed 3.500 kg, regardless of the maximum weight of a trailer. For more information click here

Remember to buy those stickers BEFORE entering Austria ,Switzerland or Slovenia.

For detailed information and driving tips in most Europian countries - click here:




Check list
Spices - cooking oil - bottled water - coffee - sugar packets - syrup - utensils - tablecloth - coffee filters - napkins - trash bags - charcoal - hot choc mix - boxed juices - aluminum foil - matches - flashlight - beach chairs - lantern - batteries - toilet paper - sunscreen lotion - first aid kit - games - Kleenex - books etc.


Camping Card Scandinavia
The Camping Card Scandinavia gives you the chance to stay at one of the many Scandinavia member campsites.  It also provides you with discounts, offers and other benefits from various companies which will make your summer holiday even better. The camping card is accepted in many countries in Europe.  

For more information click here:   


Tips for Traveling in Norway with a Motorhome

Norway has more than 1000 campgrounds that are classified with 1-5 stars dependent on their standard and available facilities.


Size limits- Camping trailers and mobile homes up to 2.55 meters wide are allowed in Norway where other limits are not posted along the road or in the Roads List. The maximum length allowed is 12.5 m for mobile homes and 18.75 m for a car with a camping trailer. TV antennas must of course not stick out at the side of a camping vehicle while it is on the road. See also the section dealing with speed limits.


Driving any type of vehicle anywhere other than on a public or private road is prohibited. You may park alongside of the road as long as you are not in the way of other vehicles, but take care in parking that you don't break any laws or contravene any posted signs. Some towns have special parking areas for camping vehicles.
Mirrors are obligatory on camping vehicles - and they must be folded in or removed when the vehicle is not on the road.


Speed limits -The speed limit on Norwegian motorways is either 90 km/hr or 100 km/hr . Mobile homes or cars towing camping trailers may not exceed 80 km/hr on these sections of road, which are well signposted. In general the speed limit on Norwegian roads is 80 km/hr, with a 60 km/hr limit for camping trailers without brakes and with a weight exceeding 300 kgs. In built-up areas the speed limit is 50 km/hr, while in residential areas it is sometimes as low as 30 km/hr. Watch out for speed bumps, they are always signposted.


Petrol Price- The individual gasoline distributors set their own prices, so gasoline prices can vary from place to place within the country. The prices quoted below are only approximate - the actual sales prices could be lower.
Prices as per August 2003:
98 octane unleaded, NOK 9,46 per liter.
95 octane, NOK 8,49 per liter.
Diesel, NOK 8,15 per liter.


Toll Roads - On some roads in Norway you are obliged to pay toll. This is a way of financing the building of new roads and tunnels. The prices vary from NOK 15,- in Oslo, to almost NOK 300,- on some roads on the west coast.

Dumping - You may not empty toilets or dispose of any other form of waste out in the countryside. Rest areas as well as places for emptying toilets are marked on the Norwegian Camping Map 2002.
If you are travelling by RV in Norway, it is useful to know where you can fill up your tanks with clean water and dispose of rubbish and waste water without any hassle. Look for the sign under the individual campsite.


Overnight - It is forbidden to overnight in your camper closer than 150 meters to the nearest house or cabin. Remember that open fires are prohibited in woods and fields from April 15-September 15.


Camping Gas- You can buy camping gas from Statoil and AGA which have outlets throughout Norway.


Pets - Dogs must be kept on leash and must be exercised outside the camp site. Owing to risk of rabies, it is forbidden to bring animals into Norway. Consideration toward fellow campers, visitors and neighbors of campsite is essential.


Campsites Regulations  - Quietness is expected between 2300 hours and 0700 hours. Guests in state of intoxications or of improper or noisy behavior are to be expelled from the grounds, when necessary by the police. This also applies to guests who omit using lavatory convenience of the camp or otherwise pollute the grounds.


For More information : &



Home Page
Contact Us
Motorhome Rental
Get a Quote
Motorhome Specials
Europe Long Term Rentals
America Long Term Rentals
Motorhome Information
FAQ and Motorhome Tips
Motorhome Travel Links
Motorhome Itineraries
Camping Europe Online
Customer Reviews
About Us
created by